Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 update only for GOS fix

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 09:48 PM)
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Just for clarity the recent update rolling out only contains the GOS fix which Samsung got caught out on. Samsung was caught priotising benchmarking tools and throttling other apps. 

Unless anyone can prove differently the update only includes the following and will in fact probably show lower benchmarking scores 

"changelog (machine translated) detailing CPU and GPU performance limitations have been switched off for games. The update also adds a Game Performance Management Mode and brings the latest March security patch."

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
StevieD1
Explorer
Options
It's the fixed GPS issue I was having.
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
I'm assuming all the other optimisations and bug updates for launch issues aren't in this update...
0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
No, various bug fixes were in the first update that included the purple bar display issue.
0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Possibly coincidental as I think Samsung would mention that in the change log.
0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
There is a mention of the update also optimising camera performance. Making the camera app as fast as it was out of the box. So this looks like fixing something that was originally okay.
0 Likes
SpaceToy
Explorer
Options

Did it fix it for you?

I received the update yesterday (exynos) and still having the ***** gps issue.

0 Likes
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
It's fixed the GSM drop out issue for me.. after the update.. I cleared the cache in recovery then factory resetted from recovery too.. boot the phone, connect the WiFi and let it do it's thing before updating the apps etc #touchwood
0 Likes
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
This is how the last update works and this is for gos.
https://youtu.be/d7sQ7K6Ab8Q
I haven't been updated yet.
0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options

It's not listed as fixed. Have Samsung even acknowledged its an issue when you reported it? 

0 Likes