Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Won't Charge

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 09:09 AM)
bingbingBOPOMOFO
First Poster
Options

Hi. I bought my S22 new from an online retailer. I'm aware of a 15-day return policy from my distributor, but I wanted to ask if my phone is actually faulty.

It will detect if I plug in a charger—the cable it came with, my computer charger, anything. It will give the charging symbol but it will just decrease the battery as if it wasn't plugged in. No apps are open and screen brightness is at an appropriate level. It doesn't make sense it would lose charge.

The only way I've been able to charge it is through wireless charging, but it's extremely inconvenient.

If anyone has some recommendations, please let me know!

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could be an issue with the charging lead.
Just make sure there's no lint or anything stuck in the charging port
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Also try with a Samsung or Samsung compatible phone charger 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@bingbingBOPOMOFO: If you use the USB cable that came packaged with the phone to connect to your home computer, does it charge as expected? If not, you may also wish to try purchasing an official plug adapter for the  device, to ensure that the charging issue isn't stemming from a compatibility issue with your existing charger(s). 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wall-charger-for-super-fast-charging-25w-black-ep-ta80...

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It may well be your charger. Just to add ensure there is no Debris in charging port.

If it is an official Samsung charger would recommend wiping cache partition before seeking further advice as that has fixed the issue for some customers on various devices.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes