Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra WiFi calling not working

(Topic created on: 09-04-2022 12:03 AM)
Chrissi78
Explorer
Options
I've recently got my upgrade to s22 ultra from the s20 ultra and I'm having problems with my WiFi calling on phone app dropping off. I've spoke to my mobile provider who've told me it's not an issue on there end and most likely WiFi provider. I can't get through to them at moment but have since checked the feature whilst using my friends WiFi and its doing the exact same on hers, whenever I try to make a WiFi call it drops straight away and disconnects the call them come back on. When I had my s20 ultra I never had this issue it's just since updating to s22 ultra, has anyone else had this issue and have any suggestions, thanks 😊 
55 REPLIES 55
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
I am not currently facing this issue.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In regards to your Network Provider do they show on their support pages that their Calling Over Wi-Fi is available for the Samsung Galaxy s²² series.

I'm not questioning what they've told you but I have known providers to shift the issue somewhere else 🤔

Is the Wi-Fi connection you have stable and strong ?

Also if any Network connection kicks in Calling Over Wi-Fi would typically be overridden.

Try turning on Flight Mode and then see what happens please @Chrissi78 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Chrissi78
Explorer
Options
Hi thanks for reply, yeah they show they carry wifi on the s22 ultra I know exactly what you mean about them shift issue. Yeah wifi is strong, the wifi calling worked perfect on my s20 in my house for 2 years the issue has just arisen since upgrading to s22 ultra the mobile network in my house is terrible which is why I relied on wifi calling but now I don't even have that it's extremely annoying, I will try the flight mode 😊
Chrissi78
Explorer
Options
I have tried the flight mode and it's not any different wifi calling keeps dropping 😒 @BandOfBrothers
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whats the Wi-Fi connection like when your surfing etc on that type of connection.

Do Internet pages and apps such as YouTube stream ok ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Chrissi78
Explorer
Options
Yep everything else working perfectly
XxRayxX
Pioneer
Options
I'm just trying to understand when it drops dose the WiFi calling turn off? Normally WiFi calling is enabled when poor signal is detected is this the case are you in an area with very poor signal? I belive there to be a setting where you can select WiFi preferred. Check if that's on? What network are you with?Screenshot_20220410-091308_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg
0 Likes
Chrissi78
Explorer
Options
Yes the WiFi calling turns off and disconnects the call, I am in my house with terrible signal the WiFi preferred is toggled on, I'm with sky for my network and they have assured me all is good at their end
0 Likes
XxRayxX
Pioneer
Options
Interesting as I personally have signal issues where I am, mine has been floorless with the WiFi calling I have used this at different locations both with very good WiFi and the other very poor been bang on I would say this is with your provider if I'm honest I was with voxi a few months back they could turn it off and on so I know some say there are no problems there end but dose turn out to be. I mean you could try resetting network setting but this will del all WiFi passwords etc might solve it? A reset could also but its a lot to do and this will then tell you for sure I would also see if sky can turn it off and back on there end or do something? Its a process or fault finding really.
0 Likes