Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra static when trying to make calls

(Topic created on: 24-03-2022 10:42 AM)
MatthewL1
First Poster
Options

This is my 2nd S22 Ultra since launch.  Both produce static sounds when trying to make calls.  It is not with every call, but it is often enough and an embarrassment while trying to make business calls as the recipient of the calls sees and hears the calls coming through.

I've changed the physical sim cards on both (Verizon) and that does not fix the issue.

I've tried with wifi calling on and off and that doesn't help either.

The only thing that seems to address the issue momentarily is to close the phone app from the app drawer and reopen.  Not something I expect from a $1200 phone and my S21 Ultra had no issue on the same carrier and wifi setup.

Has anyone experienced the same and does anyone have a fix?  Thanks.

34 REPLIES 34
moraniun
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. 

Changed my sim card, changed my cell company, nothing works... 

Horrible static noise

0 Likes
Blackmore232
First Poster
Options

I have fixed my problem 

Try resetting your phone completely 

I am not responsible to data lose !!

0 Likes
Samuel91
Student
Options

Hi,

I have a S22 phone and I am experiencing the same issue. It is terribly annoying and makes me drop calls.

One work around I found is to turn on speaker and them off.

Certainly didn't have this issue with my iPhone.

0 Likes
Dil Chahal
First Poster
Options

My couple days old galaxy s22 ultra has same exact static issue. Did anybody find any fix to this problem?

0 Likes
Blackmore232
First Poster
Options

Try reseting your phone completely 

0 Likes
Samuel91
Student
Options

it can be such a pain to reinstall everything after a complete reset. One alternative until an update fixes this or I sell off the phone is to turn wifi on/off or alternate between speaker on/off.

ashwinmanu
Apprentice
Options

So I reset the phone without any data restoration from my old device. So a clean reset and the issue persists. 

So when I am on WiFi calling, I have never faced this issue. It occures only with the cellular network. 

0 Likes
Tshaw
First Poster
Options

Yes! I've been experiencing the exact same since the about week 2 and I got the phone at release. The only thing that works for me is restarting the phone. So embarrassing, frustrating especially for such an expensive phone. I've also had texting and processing delay. I don't save music or many photos. I do have 200 apps on my phone (that I NEED lol)

TAAS
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem this so annoying come on Samsung sort it out this supposed to be a flagship phone.

0 Likes
lovbyts
First Poster
Options

I've been dealing with this for months and it's getting worse.  I'm on T mobile if that makes a difference.

Cellular is unusable some places and connected to home or any router is sketchy at best.