Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra static when trying to make calls

(Topic created on: 24-03-2022 10:42 AM)
MatthewL1
First Poster
Options

This is my 2nd S22 Ultra since launch.  Both produce static sounds when trying to make calls.  It is not with every call, but it is often enough and an embarrassment while trying to make business calls as the recipient of the calls sees and hears the calls coming through.

I've changed the physical sim cards on both (Verizon) and that does not fix the issue.

I've tried with wifi calling on and off and that doesn't help either.

The only thing that seems to address the issue momentarily is to close the phone app from the app drawer and reopen.  Not something I expect from a $1200 phone and my S21 Ultra had no issue on the same carrier and wifi setup.

Has anyone experienced the same and does anyone have a fix?  Thanks.

34 REPLIES 34
DavidinSA
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my S22 Ultra. I get around it by turning the Speaker on then off. I know that is not the solution but it gets around the problem. And you're right, not something you expect from a top of the line phone.

Oheyy
Student
Options

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try next time it happens. this is really making me think about my phone choice over the pixel 6

0 Likes
kumarvikash
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Same issue with my S22 Ultra too. And I followed the phone speaker on/off hack, worked for me too.

I also had a chat with Samsung support, and they asked me to restart the phone in safe mode and see if the static disappears. I tried to explain the person that this issue is random, may not happen while testing for a short time in safe mode.

I posted the Samsung agent this page's link, requested him to follow it up further and fix it with a software update or something.

Thanks

0 Likes
holiday2022
First Poster
Options

Yes just set up my Verizon s22 ultra and have the same issue have tried with and without wifi calling NOTHING WORKS. 

0 Likes
Blackmore232
First Poster
Options

I have the same problems I need to turn the speaker on and off to fix it I don't know what to do

0 Likes
Wtinta
First Poster
Options

I began looking online because I am having the same issue. the phone is making static sounds when trying to make calls. It is not with every call, but it is interfering with my business. Any solutions?

0 Likes
Chamandeep
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue. @iSAMSUNG @acsamsung I hope you do something for us. No one can hope this from flagship

0 Likes
Umpref54
First Poster
Options

Up front, I didn't grow up with cellphones or computers! My problem began, it seems, following a Samsung update -- with NO notice of this update having been done! My GPS and my phone calling capability stopped working. As I'm an overtly busy sports official, I've been "out of business" since this began! After my ISP figured out that the issue was this Samsung-issued update and fixed the problem was when this extremely loud static began! Again, this issue has put me OUT OF BUSINESS, and the Samsung reps have been 100% pathetic. They have my money and I have now began taking an antidepressant! This is so FU. 

0 Likes
Umpref54
First Poster
Options

BTW, the photo next to my name is NOT me, and the time at which I sent this is not the time in my time zone!

0 Likes
Tinajay
First Poster
Options

I have just started having this issue today and my talk to text and google voice will not work when this is happening. Has anyone found the fix??

0 Likes