Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra speaker crackling

(Topic created on: 02-06-2022 05:45 PM)
maryo_ald
Journeyman
Options
Hello , I got some issues with the speaker , when I'm using some apps or website the sound start crackling , but if I'm using screen recording , the sound it change to normal 

20 REPLIES 20
AndrewL
Options

@maryo_ald: Are you encountering the issue on any specific apps or websites ,or is it random? If you adjust the volume using the Volume Down button on the side of the device, does the issue persist? Can you try heading to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Sound quality and effects > Dolby Atmos, and toggle this option on, then tap on Equaliser, and set this to 'Normal' to see if this helps? 

If the problem persists, please press and hold on the Samsung Members app icon > Diagnostics > Speaker, and run through the on screen prompts. Does this return any 'Action Required' notifications?

maryo_ald
Journeyman
Options
@AndrewL: Is a bit random , because I did use the same apps before and didn't had any issues and now for the past 2 weeks I do get that crackling noise , but if I will use the screen recorder the sound gets back to normal. The volume buttons doesn't affect , and got the phone setup on dolby atmos automatic and equaliser to normal , but I did play around with the settings to see if is making any difference, but just the screen recorder turn the sound to normal. And on the diagnostic the sound is normal , I believe I start having this issue after the last update
0 Likes
potatodog12334
Journeyman
Options
The highest probability is software issues not hardware
maryo_ald
Journeyman
Options
I do believe the same , it might be a software problem , but how I can fix this ? And I'm just the only one having this issue ?
0 Likes
Jane25
First Poster
Options

You're not the only one. I've been having the same issue on my s22 plus ever since the new update. It mainly happens in the morning. I usually restart it and that usually fixes it but sometimes it takes a little to go away. I'm hoping it's just the new update. 

0 Likes
maryo_ald
Journeyman
Options
I believe mine the same , from the last update, but with mine the restart won't do anything just if I turn on the screen recorder for 3 seconds and after I'm switching off the sound gets back to normal , nice and clear. You can try that too
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

For those affected by this issue, please send us an Error Report with accompanying System Log Data, so we can take a closer look for you. To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

0 Likes
maryo_ald
Journeyman
Options
I've done that 2 days ago , but no response since then
AndrewL
Options

@maryo_ald: Thank you for submitting your Error Report. Response times can vary, however please be assured that an advisor will reach out to you via the Samsung Members app as soon as possible to provide further support.