Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra snapchat recording and YouTube lag

(Topic created on: 18-04-2022 02:55 AM)
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
The Snapchat recording is not good the quality is good don't get me wrong but the video is so delayed. Also on YouTube, the audio isn't synced properly as well the sounds is on you can hear but the video is stuck on the screen with just audio playing.
9 REPLIES 9
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Try clearing crèche on snap chat and YouTube and see as I anit currently facing any issue you have mentioned. I see alot if samsung members who own S22 ultra are facing this issue.
0 Likes
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
I've tried that still same it's after the software update it happened
0 Likes
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
oz-romeo
First Poster
Options

very disappointed with snapchat video recording  on S22. despite being a flagship there is always lag and stuttering when using the video function . Any video recording on snapchat is not even close to smooth. tried all the trouble shooting mentioned on the forums nothing works. pictures are good though.

RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
That's due to Snapchat and there software not being optimised for that phone its not the phone fault
0 Likes
rishidatta8
Apprentice
Options

Nope, that is Samsung's fault.

Samsung partnered with Snapchat to optimize it for their S22 series to include some additional features which allowed Snapchat to use the multi-camera setup instead of just the main camera.

The issue occurs when we use the "Samsung optimized" snapchat.

When I downgrade snapchat to the version which wasn't optimized by Samsung (previous year version or so), snapchat ran really smooth.

Update: It's the hardware as well. I just replaced my S22 Ultra 512GB with the same varient and now the lag is almost gone. There's a huge difference between the performance and the benchmarks. There's still a bit of lag but that's just Samsung's "optimisation" and One UI. I saw a lot of posts on reddit and xda regarding others having the same issue which was fixed when they got a replacement from Samsung or bought new handsets. Unfortunately Samsung and their service centre in India doesn't consider it as issue and hence they believe that the handset is not faulty.

This is caused by:

1. Poor Quality checks (look at the Galaxy Watch 4 image retention issues on a few dud pieces)

2. Samsung failing to admit that their hardware is faulty and hence giving a replacement or a repair.

flackstae
First Poster
Options
How do you download the old Snapchat? New Samsung user and this is causing me loads so od issues!
0 Likes
rishidatta8
Apprentice
Options

Download any version from apk mirror which was released before the phone was released. Like November 2021 or so. Basically which didn't have the ".6x" feature and test it.

Another workaround is to always stay on front camera on snapchat and test that. You will surely notice a difference.

0 Likes
rishidatta8
Apprentice
Options

Try the Snapchat version which doesn't have the ".6x" feature. Basically any version released before Dec 2021.

I know it's not the ideal solution but you can try either that or get a replacement from Samsung. Most probably your device is a dud.

Other solution you can try is to always keep snapchat on front facing camera.

0 Likes