Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra signal/network problems

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 07:56 PM)
krisstinel
Student
Options
Hi all, I got the phone last week, since then I couldn't have a decent conversation with it, signal drops all the time but I have full bars, Internet drops in the same time, I cannot listen to a full song on YT, if I'm on Bluetooth with the headsets, Bluetooth connection drops too, basically I have all the problems that are being reported all over Internet with this phone. Airplane mode/restart fix it for a while then it happens again. The rest of the phone is really realty great, I still vahe time till the end of the month to switch to a different phone but I really hope I'll keep this one. Is there any news that this will be fixed by an update or the phone is just rubbish and there's no hope? Cheers

P.S. even now when I tried to post this I lost the connection
76 REPLIES 76
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is this happening everywhere you go or 8n a particular place @krisstinel  ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and if possible another sim card in your phone.

You can also reset network settings in General Management,  Reset,  Reset Network settings.

However also take into consideration any relevant cooling off period to have the phone swapped out.

My Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra Exynos SoC has presented no issues like yours has so it couod be hardware related too.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

krisstinel
Student
Options
Hi, it's not area related, it's the same inside or outside, I have 2 sims, both work fine when I put them back in the old S9+, tried everything suggested on Internet, reset network, factory reset etc. My cooling off period ends on 31st so I still hope they'll release an update or something, if not I'll swap the phone with something else. What's weird on mine is that when 4g drops and I'm on Bluetooth listening to music, I switch to airplane mode and back to restore the connection, I start playing again but I have no sound in my ear buds, even though the Bluetooth still shows paired. So I need to restart the Bluetooth too to get sound again
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There has been a few threads in relation to connection not holding as it should which maybe software or hardware related on your phone.

I'd suggest to have the phone swapped out while still under the umbrella of the cooling off period @krisstinel 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Only way I could fix this was a network change
SharonBr
Student
Options

I have had the Samsung 22 since 4/2022. Others in my household have signal on same plan but different phones. I have no signal. I also loose signal constantly and have to use my husbands phone. I just talked with a coworker who purchased around the same time and she said her phone is useless most of the time due to signal loss.

SharonBr
Student
Options

and we are not on the same network

ck242
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues and it really frustates me. I previously owned the S10+ and was very happy. I didnt want to change it and wanted to wait for the S23 or whatever will be named. Unfortunately, i "dropped" it by accident (twice out of frustration) and had to change phone. If i dont find the solution i feel this one will have the same fate 😔

Members_zjBkSZo
Journeyman
Options

The Samsung network issue is chaos and makes this set rubbish without smooth networking signals, while other Samsung like A13, and A52 on the same network have powerful signals on the same location. My type of work demands me to travel to different places, and this expensive rubbish lower graded S22 Ultra ashamed me a lot, because I cannot contact my customers due to continuous drop-off signals. It also deters me from using my working app due to suddenly disappearing networking to use my connecting apps, severely affecting my work. Consequently, now I  have to keep a comparatively cheaper Samsung mobile A52 to run my business smoothly. In the meantime,  I even changed the network provider, but the result remained the same. I contacted Samsung support service twice, but they found no any fault or issue in the ridiculous set. I think we should raise a united voice against this network bug of Samsung S 22 ultra. As  the intermittent signal issue/fault ruined its all other qualities and unique characteristics. Now this set has become a big burden for me, and I started hate this mobile set. I  desperately want to replace and downgrade with Samsung S21 ultra or any other but not S22 ultra. Just to let you know, I bought this Ultra expensive mobile set  for the first time in my life but it  proves Ultra rubbish, Ultra  painful, Ultra disappointed and Ultra frustrated. And  Samsung management is not listening to this big issue that is disregarded and discredited.

Members_zjBkSZo
Journeyman
Options

The Samsung network issue is chaos and makes this set rubbish without smooth networking signals, while other Samsung like A13, and A52 on the same network have powerful signals on the same location. My type of work demands me to travel to different places, and this expensive rubbish lower graded S22 Ultra ashamed me a lot, because I cannot contact my customers due to continuous drop-off signals. It also deters me from using my working app due to suddenly disappearing networking to use my connecting apps, severely affecting my work. Consequently, now I  have to keep a comparatively cheaper Samsung mobile A52 to run my business smoothly. In the meantime,  I even changed the network provider, but the result remained the same. I contacted Samsung support service twice, but they found no any fault or issue in the ridiculous set. I think we should raise a united voice against this network bug of Samsung S 22 ultra. As  the intermittent signal issue/fault ruined its all other qualities and unique characteristics. Now this set has become a big burden for me, and I started hate this mobile set. I  desperately want to replace and downgrade with Samsung S21 ultra or any other but not S22 ultra. Just to let you know, I bought this Ultra expensive mobile set  for the first time in my life but it  proves Ultra rubbish, Ultra  painful, Ultra disappointed and Ultra frustrated. And  Samsung management is not listening to this big issue that is disregarded and discredited.