Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra rattling noise

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 12:22 PM)
elverdiblanco
Journeyman
Options
I've noticed that if I shake my new S22 Ultra gently I can hear a sort of rattling noise inside the phone near the top as if something is loose inside. Surely that's not normal or is it? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Nothing to worry about that's absolutely normal, rattling noise comes from the main cameras optical image stability feature something calls OIS,optical image stabilisation means main camera lens moves around.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Nothing to worry about that's absolutely normal, rattling noise comes from the main cameras optical image stability feature something calls OIS,optical image stabilisation means main camera lens moves around.
elverdiblanco
Journeyman
Options

OK thanks for confirming that the behaviour is normal. Just the greyed out options in Phone and SIM Toolkit apps to go now 😁

0 Likes
Dimz
Explorer
Options
Yup, pretty much what Rajsahab said. This has been since s21 ultra, at least noticeable for me. Again, nothing concerning. Enjoy your phone!
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Even my galaxy s10 plus camera rattles when I shake
0 Likes
Anonym0use
First Poster
Options

Is it normal to hear sound from the OIS when not shaking the phone but just e.g. tilting it 90 degrees from portrait to landscape, or e.g. when picking up the phone from a table? I don't think my phone was initially this noise prone..

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Anonym0use: You may still hear the OIS move when you pick up the device, however this should only be a slight tick, and should only be present when the camera is not in operation. 

Members_538zHXf
First Poster
Options

I can hear noises even when the camera is operating, is this an issue? @AndrewL 

0 Likes
Drummer4life016
First Poster
Options

Just checked, mine rattles every time until I switch to 10x zoom. Hope this helps.

Members_lUqG9Uq
First Poster
Options

Yes, this is correct for me as well.

I started noticing the sound after my phone fell down recenlty. I did not shake the phone and try to listen if any sound before the the fall. Just to make sure nothing happened to the phone after fall, I tried shaking and see if any sound from inside. Then I noticed it and was worried too much. 

The comments here make me feeling happy that this is not an issue caused due to the fall. 

Do I need to still give the phone for inspection?

Thanks. 

0 Likes