Oliver073
Journeyman
Options

Many thanks for the detailed anwer!

0 Likes
tespio
Pioneer
Options

It's March 8th 2023 and my S22 Ultra exhibits the same behavior with GPS. Whenever i want to use Waze or Google Maps it can't find GPS. If i restart the phone it works (for a while). Every next time I'm trying to use any nav app the GPS won't work again. I've tried all suggestions possible and offered anywhere and everywhere. Rebooting is the only solution to make it work .. temporarily !! It's not admisible. @AntS , since you replied last year in March suggesting a fix has been or will be prepared, so I'm tagging you. One year later, I think they forgot to include the fix in the updates rolled out. I'm so frustrated !!

Oliver073
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately nothing has changed for me. With my S22 Ultra I have exactly the same behavior as you @tespio
It's not just annoying, it's a disgrace.
And when you report the bug, no one believes you.
Not even a 15-minute drive is possible without the GPS completely failing. And a restart only helps for a short time.

MackemMagix
Apprentice
Options

Have you tried the Android Auto Beta release and the latest firmware with OneUI (5.1) - the problem went away for me with that combination?

0 Likes
Oliver073
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. OneUi 5.1 is on it and I don't use Android Auto.
But I've now come across the following:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-serie/s22-ultra-gps-problem/td-p/4931326/page/7

It is about the correct and complete configuration of the SIM card. I have changed some settings - as recommended by the provider.
I'll watch it now and report back.

0 Likes
S23Ultra1TB
Pioneer
Options

What did you end up doing to fix the problem?

0 Likes
S23Ultra1TB
Pioneer
Options

What did you end up doing to fix the problem

0 Likes
Trygve kristiansen
Journeyman
Options

The problem went away with an update.

0 Likes
S23Ultra1TB
Pioneer
Options

Did you have an S22 or S23 by any chance? Has it still continued to work?

Do you remember exactly what you cleared and why it happened?

0 Likes
S23Ultra1TB
Pioneer
Options

I hope they didn't convince you to turn on a load of scanning options, which basically means your phone's being tricked into thinking your'e somewhere based on the wifi and bluetooth connections surrounding your phone, and not based on the GPS itself...

0 Likes