Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
Greek_sun
Pathfinder
Options

I bought galaxy s22 ultra and I have also problem with gps like many people. It loses the signal. Only when I restart the phone fix for some hours. Very disappointing for a such expensive phone. Does anyone know if there is gone be an update? 

John19691969
Hotshot
Options
There are loads of people with same problems but you will get people saying wait for software fix from Samsung 🤦🤦

Why do people keep talking about a fix coming for god's sake you should not be paying out over £1100 or more for a defective phone then hope that a software fix comes out before your 21 day return period runs out ..then repair only if that fix never comes ...Wake Up People !!
Members_tlDKNDi
Apprentice
Options

I'm on a ship and use the phone to incense in pokemon go. I noticed this issue today where it completely lost GPS signal. I can't download such a large update when it's released so looks like the phone is all but useless until I get home in July. I've also noticed, as the phones get more advanced, the worse they are at picking up GPS signal. I have a range of phones with me going back to S9 and that is amazingly good at picking up weak GPS signal. The newer ones take ages to register the signal.

0 Likes
StevieD1
Explorer
Options

Give it a few days and it will be back to normal. 🤦

0 Likes
renton82
Voyager
Options

I found that put speedtest.net app in advanced suspension mode solve this problem.  Now it's 12 hours since gps works flawlessly. 

0 Likes
webprodson
Pioneer
Options

that app is just a personal information gatherer! It is definitely not advised to install it! Read their T&Cs. 
Moreoever, I really don't see how this app, which measures internet speed can "fix" a GPS!!!

-----------------------------------------
Phone: S23 Ultra / Tablet: Tab S8 Ultra / Watch: Watcg6 Classic 47mm
0 Likes
webprodson
Pioneer
Options

Reply from Samsung to my complaint about the GPS Issues: 

webprodson_0-1647466292596.jpeg

renton82
Voyager
Options

It requires gps in order to work. Maybe we have some app that interfer with gps , in my case speedtest.net. Try to put all the apps in advanced suspension mode (or at least those who need gps), to see if gps starts to work again.

0 Likes
webprodson
Pioneer
Options

That could be the reason, but again, the Phone's GPS should be able to work even with different apps that use GPS working at the same time. 
But yes, that could be a reason because a few minutes ago, I used a GPS Test app and SmartThings started to think I left my house although I didn't. 
But as I have posted above, Samsung knows about the issue and apparently, is preparing a fix. 

0 Likes
renton82
Voyager
Options

Of course gps phone should work without any tricks!

0 Likes