Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
aseidl
First Poster
Options

Same issue here on my S22 Ultra. Previous S21 Ultra had no issues and i've verified the location settings are correct. Old phone works in the same vehicle where the S22 shows no GPS signal so not a localized interference issue. Will try the reboot, but this one needs a fix

0 Likes
Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

I too, am coming from an S21 Ultra. Again, like you absolutely no issues at all. Location services, should simply work. They are a basic fundamental feature of the phone, I'm astounded that it's an issue. 

Its reassuring somewhat that others seem to have the same issue's but Samsung really needs to address the issue. 

0 Likes
Abdul_Hasnath_786
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having the same issue. What do I do?

I restart and it works for few hours then it stops.  It's really annoying. This is meant to be top of the range phone. 

Samsung need to sort this out asap! 

DiamondG
Explorer
Options

I have contacted samsung for this issues twice, still waiting for answers, YOU GUYS NEED ASWEL CONTACT SAMSUNG ON LIVE CHAT OR SOFTWARE FEEDBACK, to start resolving this problem. Its really frustrating.

0 Likes
Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

I've just come off Chat and to customer services. 

The advice given, was wait for a software update - Really disappointed and am contemplating returning this handset, and just using my S21 Ultra. 

Chat help, told me he had seen two other examples himself of the same issue....

DiamondG
Explorer
Options

Guys please go to Samsung members app. Find report feedback, and explain gps issue. Only this way whey will start doing something. 

Members_cWObf5F
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, what can we do? I tried everything

0 Likes
Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options
Sadly, only two options -

We wait, assume a software update will fix the problem

Or

We return the phones to Samsung and get replacements, but this comes with the penalty of not having a phone in the interim, which could be up to 10 working days.

It's a difficult choice to make, I was hoping, someone from the Samsung community, like a moderator, could give us an insight into the problem, but it's seems that's too much of a stretch.

This has also been posted in the XDA forums too.....
Pathogen9
Apprentice
Options

Read solution on page 2

0 Likes
Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

That's not really a solution, that's a suggestion - Everyone, to my knowledge, has tried this, as it's quite obvious that location services needs to be on for applications that use GPS. 

So far, there is no solution.