Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra locked on me over night

(Topic created on: 24-07-2022 10:22 PM)
kat8t
Student
Options
I just got my s22 ultra. I was using the finger print scanner to open lock screen. Over night that disappeared and asked for my pin. It didn't accept my pin and has now locked me out. I did a factory reset and now uts asking for my pin after reset. I cant get into my phone at all. Has this happened to anyone and how didbyou fix this. Thank you 
10 REPLIES 10
askak
Journeyman
Options

You need to contact Samsung customer service technical team and they will help you 24/7 with any issues.  You don't need to visit their store as they can do that online by accessing your phone remotely. Probably you did choose pin as how to unlock your phone and forgotten. It won't allow you to access your phone if you don't remember your pin for security reasons. You don't need to worry at all. Contact samsung online through their official website. 

kat8t
Student
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
askak
Journeyman
Options

But, how did u do factory reset without entering your pin? Samsung account doesn't allow to do any changes to reset if u don't enter your password or pin or pattern. Finger print unlock is used as secondary to speed up the security feature by quickly accessing the phone. After factory reset its like brand new phone. Nobody except the owner would be able to do the factory reset unless u enter your password or pin. Nobody . 

carguy143
Navigator
Options
If you get to the bootloader you can do a factory reset from there.
0 Likes
askak
Journeyman
Options
But how do u get there if u need to unlock your phone first if u set up finger print unlock or pin? Your do that if u didn't set up anything to lock your phone.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Even if you have finger print unlock you still need to use your pin once every 72 hours as part of androids security protocol, that's what probably kicked in if you've not long had the device.

Edit:-
if you enabled remote unlock via the find my phone app you may be able to unlock it via the app/website

More information here:-
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-unlock-my-galaxy-device-if-i-forgot-the-...

Additionally a few website state if you enter the wrong pin around 5 times the 'forgot my pin' option pops up allowing you to enter your Google details to disable the pin, not sure if that's still the case as the website was dated 2017.

Best of luck.
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Because.... (This is my logical assumption) this person is asking our advice "possibly to unlock someone else's phone"

You are 100% right, without pin you cannot factory reset the phone, otherwise I can get your phone, rest it and in few minutes it will become my phone 😆😆... Life is not that easy.... Wish it was.. Just getting up for morning gym work.. If I can reset the day.. I will make it Sunday 😆😆
Mmm
0 Likes
zarco1975
Helping Hand
Options

Of course it is possible. just go through recovery mode and do a wipe factory reset

0 Likes
SantanaN
First Poster
Options

It requires you to login in with your pin, pattern or password every 72 hours but it does not accept any of them. I've had one pin for every phone I've owned for the last 10 years and it's not accepting it. This happen once before but after the 3rd time trying it finally let me in my phone but this time it is not letting me in. 

0 Likes