Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra is not recognizing 45W charger.

(Topic created on: 17-01-2023 06:39 AM)
mad_sexy_penguin
Apprentice
Options

I have three authentic Samsung 45W chargers that I use to charge my S22 Ultra. My phone no longer recognizes them at all; there is NO charge (not superfast, fast, or normal...nothing). I tried all three 45W chargers (and different cables) and I get the same result. I can charge my phone with a regular fast Samsung charger. Also, I can use the 45W chargers to charge my husband's S21, my iPad, and a portable battery.  So the phone works and the 45W chargers work but they don't work together.

I rebooted my phone, cleared partition cache, repaired apps, and tried charging in safe mode; it still doesn't work.  I installed the Samsung Members app and it says, "Action Required." It suggest trying with another cable and charger, which I did, but same result with each 45W charger. Also, I did verify that super fast charging mode is enabled.

My phone had a software update a couple of days ago. Can it be related to that?  Is there anything else I can try? 

7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is phone not charging at 45w or its just not saying "Super fast charging 2.0"

With Android 13 the charge status is not longer showing all the time. It say fast or super fast charge for a coupe of secs before reverting to just charging.

When you first plug the cable in to your phone does it show blue charging ring? If yes then 45w charging is working fine
mad_sexy_penguin
Apprentice
Options

It's not charging at all. I used the Samsung Members app to test it.  Nothing. The ring does not show up when I plug it in with the 45W charger. 

Joy_Divide
First Poster
Options
Hey, did you ever find a solution for this? This randomly happened to me last night.

I can charge my phone with an old Samsung charger, and I can use the 45w charger to power an old phone. But the S22 Ultra no longer recognises that specific charger for some reason.
Jennilee73
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Started 3 days ago. I've tried all the possible noted solutions and test and nothing fixes it. 

0 Likes
mad_sexy_penguin
Apprentice
Options

I did not find a solution. The only thing I have not tried is doing a factory reset. I dread having to do that! 

$150 on the authentic 45W chargers and they are useless to me at this point.

0 Likes
Adam6952
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Stopped Fast charging. Regular charge for a little while, now no charge at all. Cable charging with a lower wattage with work. Also, I can no longer connect to my PC via USB cable. I get a double charging sound when connecting to the PC.

0 Likes
Members_akRXnqX
Student
Options

Is there still no solution for this? My phone also randomly stopped recognizing my USB C to USB C cables for super fast charging, and only works with older and slower USB A to USB C cables.

0 Likes