Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Exynos - overheating?

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 11:21 PM)
Breach
Explorer
Options
  • Okay, I am not 100 percent sure yet but after a couple of days of use, I think that my S22 ultra Exynos is overheating and throttling in normal use e.g. browsing Facebook and Chrome. I am comparing with my S20 Ultra and there's definitely UI lag when it happens, which I don't see with the S20. Also, see below. Even though I have increased the thermal threshold, I am getting insufficient cooling ("blanket") warnings while holding the phone in my hand...! What's your experience like?

Screenshot_20220224-001429_Thermal Guardian.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
Stacy4
First Poster
Options

There are several issues regarding the overheating problem in S22 series. 

I followed this guide

https://unseeked.com/overheating-issue-on-samsung-s22-ultra-s22-s22-plus/?noamp=mobile

and tried all the steps and one method worked for me.

0 Likes
Chippy0108
First Poster
Options

Mine is doing the same. It gets extremely hot and then throttles apps and games. Almost too hot to touch. 

0 Likes
homeedition88
Student
Options

S22 Ultra 128GB/8GB Ram. Mine is also have overheating, lags, shutter problem. Very low benchmark scores and terrible experience so far. I am running on the latest software update...

Screenshot_20220311-142622_Geekbench 5.jpgScreenshot_20220311-142645_3DMark.jpgScreenshot_20220311-142606_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
hughsie27
Navigator
Options
Try simply restarting the phone. That bizarrely fixed mines.
0 Likes
homeedition88
Student
Options

I did restart the device, factory resetted, resetting settings, change the  processing speed to high - max - optimize. Nothing seems to help. 

0 Likes
homeedition88
Student
Options

Also I found that exynos gpu is not capable of wqh+ resolution. If drop fhd+ then temperature reduced and lag did gone. It can be driver issue or some bug I don't know. Strange enough when reduced the resolution colors also shift. 

0 Likes
JayJay1304
Explorer
Options

I have S22 Exonys and my phone is constantly hot when in use. I always get to 45°C and it drains my battery and the screen turns down the brightness. 

This is happening now when it got warmer in the spring and I had a lot of phones and no phone did that. 

Screenshot_20220522-150059_Cpu Monitor.jpg

0 Likes
ghjj
First Poster
Options
My Samsung s22 overheating after 30 minutes on Facebook
0 Likes