Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra Crashing and restarting

(Topic created on: 11-03-2024 08:45 PM)
sudip21
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

For the last two weeks, my S22 Ultra has been crashing at random times and keeps on restarting automatically. Yeah the S22 Ultra is the Exynos version.  It happens when I try to open even Youtube. I have turned off the Auto restart setting as well. After going through the initial Samsung logo, it restarts for like 5 to 6 times (or even more sometimes), then the One UI apps optimizing opens up and the restart completes. But this crashing happens randomly. I tried clearing the cache memory, but that did not help. Finally, I did the factory reset. Still, the problem persists. 

Has anybody got the same problem? Does anyone have a solution? Is my ultimate solution to visit Samsung Care Centre? 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sudip

27 REPLIES 27
tsyovinski
Apprentice
Options

OK, I took my S22+ to the Samsung authorised shop. They told me they will replace the "motherboard". I will keep you posted on the developments. 

The phone is swill in warranty BTW. 

0 Likes
Rohit Soni
Student
Options

What the actual *****! Even I started facing this issue since yesterday. Planning to visit service center tomm. but my phone is out of warranty😥

0 Likes
tsyovinski
Apprentice
Options

Well... that worked, I got my Phone back and everything is fine.. so far. 

So.. to summarize , the update screwed my phone completely, the ***** thing was under warranty and the ENTIRE F****** Phone was replaces with the exception of the display. Needless to say that`s my last Galaxy phone. 

Also, BTW. SCREW you and all of your fancy Galaxy ******** apps, I had to MANUYALY RESTORE EVERY SINGLE THING ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!! Cloud password manager my a**, Cloud Backup my a**, Watch backup my a**. All of the fancy backups managed to restore my wallpaper and the layout of my icons... mostly! So, you wasted 2 weeks of my time dealing with this and I was advised to buy a S23 or 24 (they are better, I was told) God *****, even Huawei doesn't do ***** like this!!!!

So, basically, I was told that getting the phone in to a shop is the only way to fix this. I hope that`s wrong!!!
Also as an added bonus the "AOD bug will be fixed with the next update".. whatever the hell that is....  

0 Likes
Members_YakseHG
First Poster
Options

Hey , so they replaced your motherboard ?

And the bug is caused by the march update ?

0 Likes
tsyovinski
Apprentice
Options

Yes, exactly. I haven't experienced any crashes sinse (mind you, it nas been two days). And the cause was the update. I didn't get any specifics, I tried...

Also I chatted with several guys while waiting to get my phone back, turns out they are all with S22 series phone, and hand the exact same issue.

0 Likes
Webbo117
Apprentice
Options

Have had the exact same issue with my S22 Ultra, sent it to Samsung 'Trusted' partner to get it repaired as Samsung were able to extend my warranty by 90 days cover this issue.

The 1.4* rated repair company decided my phone was 'damaged' with a crack on the back panel (which wasn't there when I sent it) so quoted me £300 as the phone needed a new motherboard due to the issue. Furious with Samsungs rubbish customer service and having a £1k+ phone only last 2 years is an absolute joke.

I've now requested my broken phone back with a nice new crack as I don't want to pay that scummy repair company any money (loads of other reviews saying the same thing) - if you do send your phone off please take photos before hand, this was my mistake.

What a load of rubbish. Also if you have the restarting issue, the only fix is a new motherboard which is a joke. 

0 Likes
Rohit Soni
Student
Options

UPDATE: I went to their service center and the guy told me that they can try installing the Android on it after formatting it completely but in the process there is a risk of bricking it which will only be solvable by replacing the motherboard.

I asked him since I'll be submitting my phone to "Authorized" service center, shouldn't they be responsible for bricking the device if they couldn't successfully format the device and reinstall the OS, but the guy shamelessly denied.

So, only option was to either go for OS reinstall (INR 300) or get motherboard replaced (INR 35000).

While surfing on Samsung's website, I found a good deal where I was getting INR 39000 in exchange for S22 Plus which I bought for INR 51000, So did that and now I have S24 Ultra.

I decided to turn-off Auto Update 2-3 months before the warranty expires to keep the device safe from their shitty OTA updates.

0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

My S22 ultra started doing the random restarts as of a few days ago, I had the April 1st security update downloaded and installed 916/04/24)..... and would you credit it my phones warranty expired in February 2024 .... bloody typical....and disgusting to think that a £1100 flagship device can give up the ghost in such a short time......Apple products are starting to look shiny to my mind now...... 😞

0 Likes
ianweb9
First Poster
Options
I did this and its still crashing and rebooting. Its terrible. Back to apple I go.....
0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

I have done all that I can think of.... had it in safe mode for a day and all was fine (what is the point of having a smartphone that you can only use for calls/sms), appeared to working fine... wiped the cache and then did a hard factory reset....spent ages setting it all up again to have the bloody thing restart randomly again, and overheat this time..also wifi and BT kept turning off on the handset.....would say that there is something seriously wrong wit my S22 Ultra......loved the phone but inferior hardware is swaying me away from Samsung products 😞

0 Likes