Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra Crashing and restarting

(Topic created on: 11-03-2024 08:45 PM)
sudip21
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

For the last two weeks, my S22 Ultra has been crashing at random times and keeps on restarting automatically. Yeah the S22 Ultra is the Exynos version.  It happens when I try to open even Youtube. I have turned off the Auto restart setting as well. After going through the initial Samsung logo, it restarts for like 5 to 6 times (or even more sometimes), then the One UI apps optimizing opens up and the restart completes. But this crashing happens randomly. I tried clearing the cache memory, but that did not help. Finally, I did the factory reset. Still, the problem persists. 

Has anybody got the same problem? Does anyone have a solution? Is my ultimate solution to visit Samsung Care Centre? 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sudip

49 REPLIES 49
Rohit Soni
Student
Options

Samsung's OTA updates are s****y AF. Best is to stop receiving updates once warranty of the device ends. I've planned to do the same with my new device. Phones are top-notch until one of their updates f***s up the phone

0 Likes
tsyovinski
Journeyman
Options

The only fix is to get it to a Samsung shop. My S22+ is with a new motherboard, no issues since. And BELIVE me, I feel the pain! 

0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

was it an expensive fix????? nearest Samsung repair shop to me is Glasgow.... 😞

0 Likes
tsyovinski
Journeyman
Options

Mine was still under warranty, 2 weeks left at the time. So I am sorry man I don`t know the cost of this. 

0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

Spent about an hour on live web chat with Samsung Tech support.... they were going to ask me to jump through the same hoops that I had been jumping through for days.... hit them with all that I had done , wipe cache/factory reset etc, etc.... they booked me in for a 30 minute visit to their approved repair shop...which is EE up in Glasgow....ah well the wife gets a day out shopping....reckon the cost of repair will not be worth doing on the handset....shame really as it was a great phone when it was working.... now the WIFI and BT is randomly turning off and on.....had a reboot session this morning (20 reboots), had to go into the boot menu to wipe the cache before the handset would boot normally...

0 Likes
Members_3OYyxMW
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. My warranty ran out like two weeks ago. Update came one week ago. 

I tried All the things. Now to read and find All this Information here makes my angry and I dont know what to do, I am not at home I am on a longer Business Trip for months. It's difficult to survive with this Kind of issue in daily life...

SAMSUNG PLEASE HELP 

0 Likes
Davyg57
First Poster
Options

Well, that was a total waste of my whole day,fuel and car parking......a 5 hour round trip to sit in a shop with a young lad who couldn't even input the problem with my phone on his tablet, after 40 min and backwards and forwards with his boss and backroom techs I was informed that they would test my phone at a cost of £50 , and then I MAY BE ABLE to get a quote on how much it's going to cost to fix the handset (if it can be repaired!)..... stuff that...I ain't gonna throw good money on a handset that a Samsung update screwed up......I have left it at a local phone shop to see what they can do with it... (£10 service charge if it can't be repaired).....in the meantime I will be looking at other handset brands  ,disgruntled..... yeah I suppose I am....

0 Likes
binek074
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue. Warranty ended   march 17.     🙄       
This is BS!!!!     
It keeps rebooting    Cache wipe, back to factor- nothing helped so you don't have to waste your time. Backup your data - while you still can.    And buy and Iphone.  No more samsung. 

0 Likes
Ihaveabrokenphone69
Apprentice
Options

I have had my S22 ultra since Feb 2022 so I have ran out of my warranty however I have been having exactly the same issues as everyone here. My phone has restarted maybe 10 times in the last 3 hours. I have noticed that my wifi keeps turning off randomly, Bluetooth crashed and the Samsung emails app is suddenly running in the background and showing me "gathering data" message when I haven't used it at all. I have noticed that anything strenuous will cause it to crash but also sometimes I dont even touch the phone and it'll restart and show the optimising apps logo and progress bar. Since about 6 months ago I have had Bluetooth connectivity issues with my Samsung watch with it disconnecting and reconnecting whilst being in range but this was fixed in the latest update which is the update that's causing these new issues. I can see that factor resetting wont work and it seems to be a motherboard issue but I dont understand how it can be a motherboard issue that was caused by an update. Apparently this is affecting the whole S22 line up but honestly I am scare of taking this to a Samsung technician who wont know anything about this issue

0 Likes
Ihaveabrokenphone69
Apprentice
Options

That being said, I have updated to the new AI update UI6.1 and it seems to be ok so far (its been 20 mins) so ill update this space if it is still broken

0 Likes