Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Camera Rattle After Software Update

(Topic created on: 13-10-2022 09:22 PM)
Lieutenant Dan
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have had the S22 Ultra for 4 months now, with only intense shaking producing slight rattling noises.

I've updated my software today to S908EXXU2AVF9 / S908EOXM2AVF9, and within a few moments of normal usage, I noticed rattling noises without even shaking the phone intentionally. I narrowed it down to the periscope lens (intense rattling sounds stop whenever I zoom in above 10x). There is also a slight click noise whenever I zoom past 10x that I haven't noticed before, which leads me to believe that, with the software update, the OIS of the periscope sensor was set to be disabled whenever it is not in use (probably to save some battery life?) 

Is anyone able to confirm my theory, or at least give me a way to revert to a previous software version, as it is both irritating and concerning. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I would take it in for a checkup. Mine makes no such sounds

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm on the very latest July software update like yours on my Samsung Galaxy s ²² Ultra Exynos SoC version, and am experiencing no rattling / similar experiences to you.

I do hear rattling if I gently shake my phone but that's normal due to the camera lenses rattling.

Can you try the following which are genetic troubleshooting tips.

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Can you ask a Samsung Service Centre to take a look at your phone.

There is no route to revert to a previous software version vua settings within your phone i.e factory reset. 

I however wouldn't be giving you a full answer if I didn't mention the following although please continue with extreme caution.

Look on xdadevelopers.com where there is relevant information on reverting software on eligible devices.

Disclaimer 》

Using a Custom Rom / trying to use other methods to rollback firmware can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.

A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision.

Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty.

Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

I would instead suggest to again use a Samsung Service Centre and or send feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds pretty normal to me apart from the click when you go past 10x the lens has always rattled its meant to be like that, the click could be an iffy motor or microscopic particle.

Maybe you have over sensitive hearing, I'm not sure why you'd shake your phone intentionally or otherwise.

Also clearing the cache and booting in safe mode will not make a bit of difference, these suggestions are all to commonly thrown around on this forum.

If you have a Samsung store near you go see them and let them hear the click, I suspect if you send the phone in for repair you'll get a no fault found report. Or if its in the return window send it back and get a replacement.
0 Likes
kcuflana
First Poster
Options
Dude my phone s22 ultra (whitch is top dollar phone should not rattle like a kids toy ) ill be taking mine back to Samsung
0 Likes
banksy76
First Poster
Options
Yes mine has done the same it's really annoying and shouldn't happen on a premium priced phone
0 Likes