Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Bright green spot near front camera

(Topic created on: 01-10-2023 05:55 AM)
Pushkar46
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have gone through so many threads stating the same problem and I am also getting a "one time" FOC screen and battery replacement from Samsung.

Based on the other posts, it seems like this issue has been introduced since April or OneUI 5.1 update and doesn't have any fixed time period for when this was observed on different handsets.

However, does anyone know what is actually causing this issue? Is it something induced by the hardware component's quality or is it a one-off software update bug.

I am asking this because as this repair doesn't have a 90 day warranty and if no one is giving guarantee that this issue will not pop-up again, it makes me move away from buying such expensive phones from Samsung again, as our hard earned money is on the line here.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Is this not the microphone notification dot?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Pushkar46: Further to the above, it does sound like you are describing the indicator that appears when an app is using your device's microphone or camera. If you take a look at the link below from our friends at Samsung Africa, does this illustrate the issue you're experiencing? 

https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/mobile-devices/know-what-the-green-dot-at-the-top-of-your-...

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It could be either.
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
It's neither a software or hardware fault or bug. It was introduced in OneUI 5 as a notification to show when an app is using / the devices camera or microphone are active. It's simply a privacy notification so that you can see if anything is using them when not expected. Replacing the screen will do nothing apart from affecting your warranty.
The details about the notication light and it's introduction were all clearly stated within the OneUI release notes and it is included on all global releases. Without sounding too forward; rather than slating the manufacturer about faulty goods and jumping on a soap box about it, a simple Google search (and many posts on here too) would have quickly informed you as to what the light actually was.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's actually a Google Android feature, not just OneUI. It was part of the security updates to android to indicate to the user that their microphone or camera was in use.
0 Likes