Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra battery capacity

(Topic created on: 16-03-2022 03:45 PM)
Saikat57
Apprentice
Options
Hi all!

Hope you folks are doing well.
Based on my recent ownership of the S22 Ultra, I am observing something worrisome about the battery capacity.

I have been using accu battery pro to keep track of battery health and is generally a good indicator of charging habits.

Based on the first few discharge cycles, it seems the current battery capacity (~4400 mAh) is much less than the rated capacity of 5000 mAh.
I expected a deviation of 2 to 3 % from the rated capacity, bit this is bothering me much.

Has anyone had any similar observations on the battery or screen on times?

:update

Looks like the estimated battery capacity has increased gradually with multiple charge discharge cycles and now is very close to the designed capacity. 

7 REPLIES 7
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Try to deal with customer service and get a refune while you can otherwise deal with them is a nightmare...
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
How long have you had the phone for? I see you've already charged it 5 times.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Saikat57
Apprentice
Options
I have had it for 3 days.
Out of 5 charges, only one of them is a full charge cycle
0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
AccuBattery Pro, nah its not a great tool for measuring battery capacity. Takes a lot of charge cycles to get the full capacity of a battery and even then I'd doubt its right.
Saikat57
Apprentice
Options
Hi All, just to share an update here, looks like with successive charg discharge cycles, the battery capacity has grown very close to the designed capacityScreenshot_20220316-154323_AccuBattery.jpg
0 Likes
the_baker
Apprentice
Options

Very similar experience.... My measurements though were made with AnTuTu. Also getting results slightly lower than 4855mAh (the rated capacity). To be honest I am quite dissapointed with Samsung. They are advertizing 5000mAh, then rated capacity is 4855mAh and what I have on a brand new phone is even lower.... And this wouldn't be a problem if we all got a good battery life, but the reality is that it is less than decent. Still waiting for the initial adjustment and learning of my usage, but currently I am definately not happy with its battery performance.

Long time time Samsung user, I was at the edge of switching to another brand due to their OS update policy on the high end phones, but now they changed it to 5 years which got me back on board. But seing such things might once again make me look in other direction.

0 Likes
Hemen
First Poster
Options

Hello Sir, 

I am actually dealing with the same issue 

Screenshot_20220409-030032_AccuBattery.jpg

 a 10% drop straight out of the box is not fun to see, especially for a phone that costs that much, and I have seen Mrwhosetheboss's video and his Samsung ultra lasted 8 hours while mine barely reaches 7, really don't know what to do, like what do even tell the technicians or that's just how the phone and there's not a problem with mine specifically 

0 Likes