Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Glitches

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 05:50 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm just wondering if the many glitches in the S22 series phones in the UK could be related to the phone having a different processor? I believe the snapdragon is a superior chip and much more stable.

I've noticed that many of the glitches I have come and go for no apparent reason

E.g the MS Office apps freeze or crash but if I leave it and try again later they work fine.

I've done all the cache wipes uninstalling, reinstalling cleaning memory etc but the issues still come and go

I didn't have the issues on the S20+

Hopefully Samsung can work it out and do an update that fixes some of these glitches
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I honestly don't think that the chipset whether it be Snapdragon or Exynos has a bearing on what your experiencing @PaulC59 

It could be the app version.

My phone which is an Exynos has no issues.

You can send feedback and any relevant error reports via your Samsung Members App and also send feedback to the app developers which can help iron out bugs.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
No glitches here s22 UK. The difference between sd and exynos is minimal.. you will not notice the performance difference. Even in benchmarks the performance difference is within error margin anyway. Exynos has a unlocked bootloader while sd has a locked bootloader.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you for your reply, hopefully the Aug update might help. Beyond that the only thing left is a factory reset and install apps manually one by one but that is a monstrous task so is an absolute last resort. Once Android 13 is released for Samsung hopefully that might help. Thank you I don't get error reports, wish I did as it would make it much easier to identify the source of the issues
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you for your reply, I've not needed bootloader but maybe Android 13 might have some stability improvements. I'm sure it will be a good phone once it gets sorted
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
So what do you class as glitches? I have found no glitches in my s22 and I have extensively tested it to see if I needed to go to a different country's firmware
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Calls dropping mid call despite good signal
Internet not available despite good WiFi
Outlook freezing during open
Other Microsoft apps either not loading at all or crashing
I downloaded the Edge browser which wouldn't even open after it installed
Most of these issues come and go e.g everything works fine for a while then issues happen out of the blue with no obvious cause or error messages so can't establish the cause
If read on other forums that the outlook may be related to the system webview app but not gone down that road yet
I have tried the usual cache wipes cleaning memory and uninstalling and reinstalling apps but no solution yet
I think the main issues seem to be related to Microsoft apps
But very rarely the phone throws a wobbler e.g freezes or jumps or goes blank and comes back on, this is rare
I did have one occasion where phone crashed and got the cogs on restart as it said it didn't shut down properly

A lot of these I can expect as one offs as I do with my pc etc but I think a lot of the glitches I have are due to how some of the apps are behaving in the vackground with either the Phone firmware or Android software

I use the phone as a business and personal phone so there could be a link with settings enforced by organisations e.g to restrict outlook etc as I use outlook most and find most problems there which are themselves intermittent with no obvious cause?

Very frustrating as when phone works fine it's great but when it decides to play up its a royal pain in the ass.

Hope this helps explain

Thank you
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
In most cases a soft reset sorts it temporarily or just wait until it decides to work again
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I've come to the conclusion that the bulk of the glitches are due to poor or unstable network connectivity I.e the phone drops connections for no reason. May be due to Exynos or bad firmware or a combination of the two. The two images are from one occasion when Outlook freezes and then entire phone freezesScreenshot_20220821-184409_Outlook.jpgScreenshot_20220821-184300_Outlook.jpg
0 Likes