Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 charging issue after August update

(Topic created on: 12-09-2022 11:57 AM)
S22ultra2
Pioneer
Options

hey there, I am facing a lot of charging issues on my S22 ultra since the 1 August Update. Phone sometimes shows me moisture detected notification out of nowhere (the port is super clean). When it goes off, it will only show Cable Charging or maximum Fast Charging (with a specific charger- that isn't Samsung)  but with 25W Samsung charger it shows Cable Charging.

10 REPLIES 10
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I went wireless charging never get a moisture warning.
S22ultra2
Pioneer
Options

Man it takes 3hours to fully charge using wireless charger. At the end of the day that's not the solution, I need to charge using cable (it is mandatory). Samsung needs to get a solution on this MAJOR bug

AndrewL
Options

@S22ultra2: Please try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow, to the right or 'Your apps' > Show systems apps (toggle this on) > OK > Scroll down to 'USBSettings' > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache > Clear data, then restart your phone.

If the issue persists following these steps, head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Cable charging, and follow the on screen instructions. Does this test flag any issues? 

0 Likes
S22ultra2
Pioneer
Options

@AndrewL thanks for your reply.

I tried that workaround once again, but still the same.

If i do the Cable Charging Diagnostic, it keeps shwoing charging speed  Normal (rarely Fast charging)

0 Likes
S22ultra2
Pioneer
Options

@AndrewL is anything else you can advise?

0 Likes
Angry Beaver
Explorer
Options

That doesn't work. Trust me, it's a software issue. Everyone is facing this problem after the update, regardless of phone and if you use Samsung equipment or not. The calculation is extremely sensitive and if anything is slightly off the phone switches to cable charging.

Members_nYpo9dV
First Poster
Options

Hello,

This "workaround made my s22+ think that it has water in the charging port.

Tried to do it again, but it didnt help.

0 Likes
Members_nYpo9dV
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
RAKESH3316
First Poster
Options

I have same problem S22 ultra 5G

Charging issue and Display Bleeding Issues after August update.

What'll I do?

0 Likes