Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 & S8 Tab Microphone Issues after OneUI 5.1 Update

(Topic created on: 01-03-2023 02:03 AM)
Alice1607
Journeyman
Options

I don't think I've seen this anywhere after searching around a bunch, but I am having issues with both mics in my Galaxy S22 after the OneUI 5.1 update. Nothing is being picked up by either mic, even when it's saying that I'm currently using it in the status bar

This is also an issue with my S8 Ultra Tablet as of a couple days

This is making it makes it impossible to answer calls from either device as I can never be heard at all when speaking no matter it it's an SIM call or through apps like MS Teams.

Anyone else having this issue, or any suggestions that I might've not thought of trying? My phone mics not working is such a serious issue as I need it for work calls and such, so any help would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Alice1607 and @Hochrheiner. It's very unusual that your mics are not functioning on your respective devices after installing the One UI 5.1 update.

Firstly, I would recommend Clearing the cache partition to see if that helps resolve the issue:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

I'd also recommend heading to Samsung Members > Support > Phone diagnostics > Mic. Please check to see whether the mics are functioning as expected and, if any issues are detected, the test will guide you on the next steps.

The following guide should also prove to be very helpful:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-microphone-or-speaker-is-not-wo...

If the test can detect no issues, and you go through all of the steps and still cannot get your mics working as expected, I highly recommend submitting an Error report. This will make our developers aware of the issue and allow them to look at it more closely:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Please update the thread when you get this issue resolved.

0 Likes
Alice1607
Journeyman
Options
Seriously? ;-; This is such a massive problem...
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

I appreciate that you will be eager to get this resolved, @Alice1607, as the mic functionality is integral to your usage of your S22 and Tab S8 Ultra.

I haven't been able to replicate this issue, and I want to ensure you get this resolved, so please let me know how you get on with the various steps I provided in the previous post.

Alice1607
Journeyman
Options

No luck getting the Clear Cache Partition menu to show up on either of my devices.

I've done everything in that guide already, besides formatting my device, as I cannot see that helping at all, but I might give it a try if worse comes to worse.

I've sent an error report, just hope something comes of it, as I've saw people having many other problems since the OneUI 5.1 update.

0 Likes
Elias Chamchoum
First Poster
Options

I got the One UI 5.1 update just last week and i have had the exact same problem.  The only app that works with the mic is the camera app when it's on video mode.  I have to disable the mic and re enable it. Will work for a few hours to a couple of days and then goes off.  I even got a security update after the One UI 5.1 update and thought it will fix the issue but nothing.

Alice1607
Journeyman
Options
Apparently this is a google security patch bug and just to keep an eye out for updates 😕Screenshot_20230413_065015_Samsung Members_1000003796_1681365039.png
0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
@Alice1607 do you have a Samsung Galaxy S22 base model, + or Ultra
0 Likes
Alice1607
Journeyman
Options
Base Model, problem seems to be fixed now, though. Fingers crossed. Any more insight would be appriciated is known.
0 Likes
pjvanrheede
First Poster
Options

Is the issue fixed, im having this problem with my A54 5G

0 Likes
Alice1607
Journeyman
Options
It's been working fine for me on both my devices since my last comment.

Made sure the System Security and Google Play Security Updates are all installed? Not sure if that's totally what fixed it, but they're the best thing for a solution that Samsung has given, so you may have to wait for an update to come along and fix it.
0 Likes