Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot cycle !

(Topic created on: 18-04-2024 10:14 PM)
ibizavet
Journeyman
Options
Why an earth does my phone keep rebooting and sometimes won't leave the reboot mode? This has started following doing an update! 
0 Likes
Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Tadey
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have done that... It was not help for my phone :smiling-face: 

Still strange stuff.

0 Likes
binek074
Explorer
Options

For many users warranty has ended DUDE. 
In march this year in my case. This is messed up. Change of motherboard is a huge cost, i might get a new one now at this price.  Many users reports this.

SSngreason13
First Poster
Options

They wouldn't help me as my warranty was only for a year.  It started this nonsense 2.5 months before I hit year 2 and they wouldn't do anything.    

0 Likes
Red28
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my Note 20 ultra. After the update phone has been in a boot loop. I have to put it in the freezer for 20min to get it on and working. This only lasts about an hr, it then freezes and gets back to the start loop.

I have read online and watched a lot of YouTube videos.

1. Factory reset - doesn't work. I did it and still same problem.

2. Clear cache doesn't work.

3. I believe it is not a hardware issue, due to the huge number of complaints that are online. Also if it is hardware, what is the cause?

4. Samsung should address this issue. These updates may be tampering with the phones so that they keep sales and repeat customers.

5. Really frustrating. If this doesn't work, I may not buy another samsung phone. I am seeing complaints from newer models as well.

0 Likes
Red28
First Poster
Options

Now adding to the boot loop, now we are in troubleshooting loops. I think most people giving 'restart your phone' solutions have not had this problem. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Red28: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your Note20 Ultra. You mentioned that putting the phone in the freezer temporarily resolves the problem. Are you getting any notifications that the device is overheating and, if so, are you using a specific app or feature at the time? 

If you have performed a factory data reset on the phone, please try uninstalling any third party apps that you have added since the reset to see if you notice an improvement, as this will help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. If the issue persists, then I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team, who can arrange for the device to be inspected by an authorised Samsung engineer. To do so, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further. 

Alternatively, if you are based in the UK, you can arrange the inspection yourself on our website by following the link below, or via the Samsung Members app > Support > Repair service > Request service. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

0 Likes
Red28
First Poster
Options

Thanks @AndrewL . The best advice is to visit a samsung repair shop. A search on 'samsung reboot loops' on YouTube will show the extent of this problem users are facing.

0 Likes