Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAPID battery drain

(Topic created on: 19-06-2022 07:47 PM)
tylergatt28
Journeyman
Options
Ive had a galaxy s22 ultra for just under a month and my battery still only gives me 3hrs SOT any ideas?
17 REPLIES 17
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

See 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/are-you-satisfied-with-the-battery-life/m-p/55...

And if you follow with a forum search you will find many more suggestions 

0 Likes
tylergatt28
Journeyman
Options
Ive done everything and what they say to do it doesnt work
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Strange as it usually works 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK, let's look at your battery stats. Charge your phone fully and when it gets down to 15%, do this.
Go to settings, battery and device care, tap on battery and take a screenshot, next, tap in the graph you tok a screenshot of and you will see a list of apps and rge percentage battery they use. Take a screenshot of that and upload both.
I haven't read the link but I recommend clearing system cache. When in recovery you can also run repair apps. Next, download Good Guardians from the Galaxy Store and run App Booster.
tylergatt28
Journeyman
Options
I have attached a screenshot above and have just put it on charge
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
SOT is a poor way to measure battery.
Totally dependent on how you use the phone.
I get sometimes about 3 hrs SOT, but the phone doesn't need charging for nearly two days
Other times I get 9.5 hrs and it needs charging before the end of one day.
Apps such as Facebook will happily munch away at your battery life without even using it.
Streaming and background processing by certain apps will also have an effect on battery life.
If a phone lasts a full day, then I'm happy.
I use full screen resolution and I don't use any battery saving measures. So I don't expect any more than a full day.
As @Pugs1957 alludes to, check the apps for what is consuming it most and check your usage.
Clearing the Partition Cache on the phone can help as well
0 Likes
tylergatt28
Journeyman
Options
Ive got no power saving measures on either and only hd mode my issue is its a brand new phone for 3 hours battery life appauling overnight itll drop 30% my battery from 100% can be taken off i walk down 15 steps and its already on 95%
0 Likes
tylergatt28
Journeyman
Options
I want longer than 3hrs its a £1000+ phone i coudlve just upgraded to another iphone but thought id go back to samsung for the spen
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe look at the battery statistics to see what is using the battery life.
We are only guessing because we don't know what stats you have.

It's always been a thing with some phone like Samsung that seem to drop battery relatively quickly initially from 100%.
But after the first 10% or less it evens out.
Got to remember how heavily loaded the S22 Ultra is with features for a start.
You may need to look at some of your apps that constantly refresh in the background when the phone is not being used.
If like me you have a plethora of apps on your phone that you rarely use, why not put them to sleep until you use them again.

Also check everything has the latest software update as well

Regularly restarting your phone is a recommended thing to do. This is not just Samsung, but all manufacturers would recommend at least a weekly restart. Just clears out the temporary files and cookie
0 Likes