Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly Bootlooping next step help needed.

(Topic created on: 14-04-2024 11:25 PM)
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
I have been scammed by a business online they sent me a faulty s22 ultra that bootloops intermittently. Business claiming phone has been damaged which is a joke as it is immaculate. 

I am claiming through PayPal but preparing myself in the event I don't get my money back. 

I have done the hold down and power button but isnt stopping it from happening. Phone will eventually work for a bit but then cycle again. 

What is the next steps I should take? #bootloop #s22ultra
18 REPLIES 18
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
Realised I can't send video
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
Here is a gif of the phone starting boot loop this is what they sent me. As proof1713161796021.gif
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Ahhh right It's a second hand phone. I wrongly presumed it was brand new. However you should still be covered for faulty goods under UK consumer law. The item has to be fit for purpose even if it is second hand. The sellers warranty policy is basically rubbish. You are right to fight this.

https://www.smartcellular.co.uk/warranty

sammyflip
Explorer
Options
Yes I should be but they are trying to wriggle out of it claiming the phone has been damaged. I have a horrible feeling I am going to be stitched up. Hopefully PayPal will do the right thing for me
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Hope so. One thing springs to mind though. UI 6.1. Your device is due to receive it very soon. If you can get the phone to stay on i wonder if that would fix it.
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
I have just updated to 6.0 in the past 2 mins did restart once but the WiFi is not working now probably a lot more wrong with it than just the boot looping
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
Update , the business have finally caved and admitted it is most likely a fault they didn't know about. Only took about 30 emails, pressure from PayPal and advice from trading standards. Moral of the story is DONT NOT BUY FROM SMART CELLULAR!
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Good result.
Straight6Petrol
Pioneer
Options
I'd also say don't buy a Samsung either as you're not alone in this issue unfortunately
0 Likes