Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly Bootlooping next step help needed.

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
I have been scammed by a business online they sent me a faulty s22 ultra that bootloops intermittently. Business claiming phone has been damaged which is a joke as it is immaculate. 

I am claiming through PayPal but preparing myself in the event I don't get my money back. 

I have done the hold down and power button but isnt stopping it from happening. Phone will eventually work for a bit but then cycle again. 

What is the next steps I should take? #bootloop #s22ultra
17 REPLIES 17
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
First thing I'd try is booting to safe mode.

Long press on 'Power off' icon, then tap the Safe mode icon.

If the problem disappears while in safe mode then it's likely to be a 3rd party app or customisation that's causing it. It would be up to you to discover which one. I'd just uninstall them all and add them back one by one until you find the culprit.
However, if the device is still randomly rebooting even in safe mode then as a last resort I'd do a full factory reset. Leave the phone, apps etc as stock and monitor it over a period of time. If you still experience bootloops then you'll need to resolve this with the seller. Is there a warranty or cooling off period?

If you have the Samsung members app then use the diagnostic tool under the support tab on bottom of screen. Run all tests.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That's it. Hopefully PP sides with you

sammyflip
Explorer
Options
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The phone has a clean install with nothing other than the pre installed apps. I will try this though. The only thing I keep seeing is to flash it with a fresh install, not sure how to do this or what this would achieve but will look into it and see how simple it is for someone like me. I am beyond frustrated as the phone is clearly faulty and not damaged and they won't honour their 30 day returns policy. Hoping I can prove to PP that it is a software fault and not something caused physically. Will also probably speak with Samsung tomorrow or see if they can confirm this
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
I know it's ridiculous the way they have tried to get out of refunding me.
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
If it's 100% faulty goods then PP should side in your favour, especially if the seller is refusing to assist. However, you say the seller is claiming the phone is damaged (by you presumably). On what evidence are they basing this on? What exactly are they accusing you of. Misuse, drop damage? Have you admitted damaging it or have they had a chance to inspect the device yet and found damage?
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
This is the things The phone looks brand new, no signs of damage at all. They are basing this on the phone working when they sent it, Iong story short I didn't need the phone so didn't turn it on and sent it back with 25 mins of getting it ( no exaggeration). When they got the phone back they have said "black screen" and immediately refused to do anything. They sent me the phone back but I am not letting this go. However if I can fix it that would likely guarantee me the money back. Just trying to prove it is a fault not caused by damage as it clearly isn't
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
Also no I haven't admitted anything other than returning it back to them in the same packaging it was sent in. The only thing I wish I hadn't was open it, however I wanted to check the condition. Also I sent via royal mail insured in the UK but they also won't help as the phone isn't physically damaged. So currently being shafted both ways.
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
So you sent the phone back but the security seals had been broken because you wanted to check the phones condition, and now the business are refusing to assist because they are saying it was working when they sold it. How do they know it was working when they sold it? What is 'black screen' anyway and how is that related to this bootlooping issue? Doesn't make sense. You don't say who the retailer is...it's not Argos is it? Sounds messy this one, i hope you get the result you want.
sammyflip
Explorer
Options
Exactly what you have just said is what has happened this is the video they sent me showing the "damage" they are scammers. Business is called Smart Cellular so don't ever use them 1713161280928.jpg