Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect battery 85%

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 08:58 PM)
Msi88
Pioneer
Options
Any truth to this? So my take is we lost 15% of battery if we turn it on?
29 REPLIES 29
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Yep i understand that, i should have been clearer but the original comment was talking about the option to display 85% battery limit as 100% on the tablets (which i have on my Tab S7+) yet no such feature exists on my Z Flip 3 phone. It's purely a visual thing where the tablet changes the scale of the battery graphic, but the phone will not.
steve0
Voyager
Options
I see what you mean 👍
rawshooter
Explorer
Options

Yes, that really annoys me, if I read 50% on my phone I want it to be half way thought its usage time. This way I always have to recalculate in my head what the real usage percentage is.

Are there any third party tools that could do it like it used to be on older Samsung devices and other phones?

Wizard74
Apprentice
Options

Hi, can you explain how to do this please? I would use this every day but bixby routines is so confusing to set up? Thanks 

0 Likes
Lars-Erik
Explorer
Options
So we pre-wear the battery to 85% (by not using the last 15%) to prevent the battry from wearing to 85% in the future 😕  What do we gain by that.  If I charge to 100% I have more capacity until it wears to 85%.
0 Likes
Members_Dcl5io7
First Poster
Options

This feature is REALLY good news if you intend to use your phone/tablet as a wall panel, always plugged in. Should prevent battery from the dreaded swelling up syndrome. 

I'd also like to see it like this: 

I use 85% of the battery now. In 2 years, if the battery goes worse, or if my usage pattern changes, I can use all 100%. Since every phone I have owned has lost substantial capacity after 2 years, I'm going to try this now.  

The best part is that Samsung has allowed us to choose. So I you do not see any advantages for yourself, keep the feature turned off. Problem solved.

0 Likes
Lars-Erik
Explorer
Options

Strange. I have had my old S5 until this month. It has been charged to 100% every time.
It has never swelled. And even after over 5 years it still lasts 2-3 days when charged!.
Why are newer phones so battery hungry (A33 lasts 2 days with power save and no background apps)?  And why does new batterys get easilier damaged than 5 years ago?

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
New phones are simply doing more than previous phones.

Always On location, data and more graphic intensive gaming. AI, better cameras with more complex processing. Etc.

0 Likes
TheOneGuy
Apprentice
Options

I have bought my A series smartphone 2 years ago and want to limit charging to 85%. Would it make sense to and isn't it a bit late? After 2 years there should be slightly reduced battery capacity due to wearout. If it has 90% capacity then is limiting worth it? 

0 Likes
Jack_Silver
First Poster
Options

I disagree with that.

I've had the S9+ from about 3 months after it was released until about a year ago and the battery life became so bad to the point where it wouldn't last even a day when it used to last way longer.

It really depends on how much you use the battery. (discharge and recharge)

I ended up getting the S20 5G UW and enabled the settings as soon as I saw it.

0 Likes