Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 10:44 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
Improviso
Explorer
Options

I have a S22+ (Exynos) and it's a reception nightmare. 

#1 - the reception on average is one or two bars lower than a Huawei phone I had before
#2 - similar to other people who posted here, the phone keeps dropping the signal (internet, sometimes also calls) for up to 5 minutes even with 1-4 bars.

I use dual SIM and both cards suffer from the above issues. 
The issue is much worse (or almost exclusive) to 4G.

Improviso
Explorer
Options

@hurkoa - this is a disaster... I will try the service center next week, but if I face a similar treatment, I'll go the legal way.

The ironic thing is that I gave Samsung one last chance after having nothing but bad experience with their products for the last 15 years (A/C crapping out 1 week after warranty ran out and the minor electrical replacement part was not made by S., their TV constantly failing, their top of the line laundry machine giving worse results than a cheapo Indesit, and the list goes on). If they don't fix it with a bunch of flowers attached, I will officially have been officially burnt for life with this company, extending to both personal and professional decisions.

Edmon7
Explorer
Options

I feel the very same way, my Samsung refrigerator  had to be replace twice, TV's gladly I don't buy Samsung any  longer since last die 3 years after, same with PC monitors with lines appearing, my Microwave was replaced twice and the second had the magnetron replaced shortly after installed, two of my S8+ have red burnt out screens (all S8+ had that problem)  my S20 Ultra never could focus close and the list goes on

Edmon7
Explorer
Options

And kudos for UK community!!!, in U.S. community we have too many paid  "damage control" posters that will toast anything you say bad about Samsung

0 Likes
michaelxy
Pioneer
Options

In some german android forums also. It seams they are on the payroll.

Note9, unihertz jelly pro, Nokia 6300, xCover4, xCover5, Galaxy Tab Active3, S23 Ultra 0,5 TB
0 Likes
Options
Ok, I noticed on this phone the tray ain't great.

Turn off your handset

Remove your tray

Remove simcard

MAKE SURE YOURE USING SIM1 TRAY. go on put your glasses on and check.

Not having in SIM1 tray will cause issues, and you'd have to set priorities to sim2. So easier to put it on SIM1 to begin with.

Ok, check the edges of your SIM, is it smooth, is it trimmed fully?

Is your SIM clean? Give it a wipe on a cloth (make sure no fluff left)

Remount sim card into SIM1 tray.

Gently push back in, and give extra push toake sure it seated rightly.

Turn on your phone.

Hopefully that's sorted it.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes
Edmon7
Explorer
Options

Thanks, my S22 ULTRA only have one physical SIM 1 card tray, the other SIM 2 is an eSIM

0 Likes
Options
Yes, but the tray holds 2 Sims.

It has a front and back... Some and sim2 on the same tray.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes
Options
Do you know why they use bars?

To keep us happy.

That's it. They dont actually do anything. 1 bar or 5 bars, it doesn't matter.

If your having issues with signal.

Turn off at home.

Leave for TEN minutes.

Turn on.

That's all that usually needed to lock you back onto your local network fully.

Sometimes, if you've been out and about, the signal gets confused (I'm sure it's more technical than that) and you have to home set it again.

0 Likes
Edmon7
Explorer
Options

Is my guess they have different set up for the SIM card on the S 22 Ultra accordingly with model, my S22 Ultra will take two SIM cards, physical card and eSIM.

-- Searched results - 

How many SIM slots does an S22 Ultra have?
The smartphone is integrated with a Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM, dual stand-by).
0 Likes