Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Size Suggestion: Mini Please

(Topic created on: 22-12-2022 05:47 AM)
Hakal104
First Poster
Options

I know it's fashionable to keep making phone screens bigger so people have more room for watching things and playing games.  

But for those of us with small hands, it makes holding them significantly harder and more strenuous.  My thumb muscles are literally sore from having to strain to reach across the screen to hit buttons, buttons up top but also buttons on the bottom. This is due to where I have to place my other fingers in order to keep it steady in one hand. 

Furthermore, our pinkies are strained from having to place our index finger and middle finger in the middle of the back and using the pinkie underneath to keep it steady.  I'm sure people with regular or larger hands have no issue reaching the bottom with their pinky but I've discovered that area is starting to ache slightly as well.  The thumbs are the worst though, even professional hand massages don't help. 

Constantly straining my thumb downwards to use my phone is causing a major issue that I fear many small handed folks will have to deal with as they continue using these larger phones.  Even pop grips and the like do not help because the strain to reach across the phone is still an issue when our thumbs are just not that long. 

I'm not sure what the optimal solution to this is.  But it would be awesome if you could put out a mini version of your next phone with a narrower and overall smaller screen size.  Also if you could try to ensure buttons are reachable for a small-handed person without them needing two hands.  

For reference, I have an s9 which is even smaller than the s22. And it is the exact same size as my hand from the bottom of my palm to the tip of my middle finger. Same exact width as my palm, with my thumb not included. A phone smaller than my hand would be optimal.

I'm not talking about going from a 2.78 to a 2.65 width, I mean droping that down to at minimum 2.5 or something..  and I don’t mean decreasing the height from 5.75 to 5.5, but all the way down to even 5.0 or more.  I'm certain I'm not the only person who would appreciate a smaller phone option with the same amazing features.  Please consider it for future iterations!! 🙏 🥺 

3 REPLIES 3
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
You could always try a zflip, they are small and can fit in the palm of your hand
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Trouble is the flip isn't a small phone when you're using it.
aadilmk
Journeyman
Options

Very true. Still using A3(2017). It's pocket friendly. Firmer grip. Light weight.

Galaxy have left a chunk of market of mini phones.

0 Likes