Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent Recurring notification

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 01:29 PM)
Alt2ning
First Poster
Options

Just updated to One UI 5.1 on S22 Ultra and there is now a really annoying notification the repeatedly (like every 30 seconds) pops up for a few seconds saying "Please wait connecting to server" next to an icon that looks like a sort of running phone.  What is it and how do I make it go away?? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Alt2ning 

As a first step please clear the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section.

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Alt2ning: If the problem persists, please can you provide a screenshot of the notification and icon you're seeing, so I'm able to gain a better understanding of your issue. In the meantime, please swipe up from your Home screen and head to Settings > Notifications > Recently sent, and check to see if any apps or features are listed that correspond with the notification. If you find a match, tap on the app/feature and adjust the notification settings from here.

As it sounds like background activity, you can also head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits > Deep sleeping apps > Tap the '+' symbol in the top right > Select the app from the list of options > Add. Alternatively, head to Settings > Apps > Select the app > Battery > Restricted. 

0 Likes