Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneUI 5 Notification Icon Sizing

(Topic created on: 05-11-2022 04:55 PM)
Laura__V
Apprentice
Options
Gotta know, is it just me that hates the new icon sizing in the notification panel?

I've always loved Samsung because things could be minimalist and not in your face and this update feels like I'm losing that.

Would Samsung ever consider giving us the option to have either the larger icons or the smaller, more minimalistic ones?

(And, yes, I know you can shrink them by changing the "Screen Zoom" but it's at the expense of the size of other things on your phone too.)
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung in my experience are always willing to listen to their customers @Laura__V 

I wonder if not many reported back while on the Beta Programme that they didn't like this.

I'm personally not unhappy with my icons, however you can provide feedback via your Samsung Members App and or in the The-suggestions-amp-ideas-thread-for-software-based-features. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ctyldsley
Apprentice
Options

I HATE the new icons, absolutely awful. Just less on my screen when viewing notifications now which on a Fold4 with an already smaller screen is really impactful. Is there no way to sort this?

RMW1
First Poster
Options

Me too, I really, really don't like the larger icons and it's a shame there's no option to customise it. Time to go back to a Pixel I guess

buk1t
Apprentice
Options

I as well do not like the new notification icons. I'm more of a fan of when they were more minimalistic. There should be an option to switch between styles and size because understand how some people may like their notifications to be bigger.