Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI crashing on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 11:43 AM)
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
I have had my S22 ultra for almost 4 weeks now, but I'm having occasional issues with One UI. More specifically, when I unlock my phone the lock screen freezes, making the phone unresponsive, including the power button. After about a minute or so, the screen goes black before saying that One UI crashed. Once it's crashed, it relaunches itself and everything works fine for a while, but it is extremely annoying when it freezes and there is nothing I can do but wait for it to hopefully fix itself.

I have got the latest software (including the March security patch), but it is still occuring every now and then. I can't recall ever having this happen with my S10 Plus so it is not giving me a positive experience with Samsung's new 'flagship'.

Has anyone else experienced this with the S22 Ultra, and if so, have you managed to fix it?
70 REPLIES 70
Russ__A
Student
Options

Yes! Exactly the same problem. The phone lock screen freezes and then get the pop up to say One UI had crashed. 

Haven't found a solution but you're not the only one with the problem.

AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
I'm not glad that you're having the same issue, but it's slightly reassuring that I'm not the only one. Hopefully they'll find a fix for it sooner rather than later.
7KO7
Student
Options

I have been dealing with this since last June on the S21 I bought new.  I've reset it, cleared caches, kept the software up to date, removed almost every app possible, and nothing helps.  I think both the S21 and S22 have serious design flaws.  I've sent it in to Samsung to be reimaged, and it crashed again the day I got it back.  I am ready to become an iphone user.  I don't know anyone using iphones with this problem.

AndrewL
Options

For those of you who are experiencing this issue, please can you send us an Error Report with accompanying System Log Data, so our dedicated team can take a closer look? To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
Next time it happens I'll try to remember to send the logs over. Thank you for the reply!
0 Likes
Jeff_
Navigator
Options
Mine restarts at least twice a day for no reason.. software needs fixing urgently.. so many posts on restarting and lag not good.
AugustinJ
Pioneer
Options

Same here, freezes, we have payd more than 1000 euros for a shitty phone, don't get me wrong, i am a Note fan, but i've never had such a bad experience starting with the cheap original screen protector, than battery and so on. 

AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
It's just happened again where the lock screen freezes for about a minute. I have sent the system logs along with a message.
thejklay
First Poster
Options

Happens to me too, i sent a error report