Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI crashing on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 11:43 AM)
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
I have had my S22 ultra for almost 4 weeks now, but I'm having occasional issues with One UI. More specifically, when I unlock my phone the lock screen freezes, making the phone unresponsive, including the power button. After about a minute or so, the screen goes black before saying that One UI crashed. Once it's crashed, it relaunches itself and everything works fine for a while, but it is extremely annoying when it freezes and there is nothing I can do but wait for it to hopefully fix itself.

I have got the latest software (including the March security patch), but it is still occuring every now and then. I can't recall ever having this happen with my S10 Plus so it is not giving me a positive experience with Samsung's new 'flagship'.

Has anyone else experienced this with the S22 Ultra, and if so, have you managed to fix it?
70 REPLIES 70
marcoheetik
Explorer
Options

Same here for the record 😞 hope they fix this soon.

Members_zkwPGBJ
Apprentice
Options

I'm not gonna lie the S22 Ultra is getting right on my tit ends. You pay for quality and get horse sh*t. Samsung need to sort their act own releasing phones not fit for purpose. I have the same UI issue and also terminating phone calls just sometimes doest work. Very professional asking my clients to end the call on me caus of my ***** S22 Ultra that I paid a fortune for. Samsung do you not do UAT testing prior to release? You best hurry up with the updates before we all leave and head to a better brand.

Mo78
Pioneer
Options

I am getting the same issue with my ONE Ui crashing.

0 Likes
Mo78
Pioneer
Options

I tried to send the error report but it says "something went wrong please try again later".

0 Likes
boakesy
Apprentice
Options

Same here in UK - S22 Ultra - had about 1 week has froze 4 or 5 times. Lock screen freezes, half a fingerprint icon, have to hard reboot.  Just happened now and shared the log as requested through the members app.

I have the latest Firmware updates inc the game processor throttle one yesterday... still have freeze issue!

0 Likes
SanteriV
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same problem and posted about it on the S22U subreddit with a video. Are all of you that are experiencing these freezes using the Exynos version?

AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
I've got the Exynos version. Really can't see how Samsung can charge us more for the Exynos version compared to the Snapdragon, when we are clearly getting an inferior product.

Don't think I'll be getting another Samsung device anytime soon with the amount of issues plaguing my device at the moment.
Beef_Stockholm
Pioneer
Options

I have this too. Just wondering you you set your phones up? I did a google and Samsung restore from a S21 Ultra. Wonder if it's best to set up totally from scratch? 

SanteriV
Journeyman
Options

I did a fresh setup without any restores and have the same problem.

Beef_Stockholm
Pioneer
Options

Appreciate that SanteriV! saves me a couple of hours only to still be disappointed. Hope they fix it soon!