Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Galaxy S22 Plus does not have esim.

(Topic created on: 01-08-2022 09:23 AM)
Ahmed Athoof
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy S22 Plus (SM-S9060) does not have esim configuration settings. Is it because of the model or region, or is it software issue. Is there any trick to enable esim? 

8 REPLIES 8
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there

I have the S22Ultra, and my device does have an esim option/setting.

Look under Settings, Connections, and then sim card manager.

My device was purchased in the UK from Samsung direct.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This will be a region issue although China is starting to use esim in certain areas. You may find a future update will make esims available.
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm in the Netherlands and am using an eSIM on my phone (through Vodafone).

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I had the same when I imported a Samsung Note²⁰ Ultra from Hong Kong into the Uk @Ahmed Athoof 

It didn't have an esim option and unfortunately this us hardware so cannot be added.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Shobhit Ishan
First Poster
Options

Even i have the same problem. Thought it is a dual sim all models irrespective of the region. Anyone pls reply.

0 Likes
cayhyacbiker
First Poster
Options
Hi . Did anyone find a solution for this pls as my partner has an s22 ultra but it's not showing esim setting at all ?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @cayhyacbiker ,

this feature is available in some regions and for some providers. Did your partner got this locked to a particular one? Where did he get this from? Keep in mind that if this is not displaying when you follow the steps listed on the guide that I will share below, it means that this is not compatible with your partner model and cannot be added unfortunately.

You can find how to enable this, if available, on this guide: How to use an eSIM with your Galaxy phone | Samsung UK

0 Likes
Shadowhunter12356
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem right now. I wanted to switch to an e-Sim but there doesn't even seem to be an option on my phone for this. I have an imported S22 ultra from Hong Kong and I'm using the newest OS, which is currently still One UI 5.1 for me. Are there any solutions for this?

0 Likes