Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music playing in background

(Topic created on: 20-07-2023 06:29 AM)
Moonacre
Apprentice
Options

After an update if I play a reel random music starts to play from no where and continues to play. There are no music apps open. I have tried closing all apps , but it continues and have to turn off the phone to get rid of the music. 

It's Samsung 22 Ultra.

9 REPLIES 9
Neo001
Legend
Options

Are you referring to the Stories in Samsung Gallery? Gallery adds music automatically.

Moonacre
Apprentice
Options

@Neo001 wrote:

Are you referring to the Stories in Samsung Gallery? Gallery adds music automatically.

Hi, no, Facebook / Instagram reels. 

I can watch a few with no issues and then suddenly random music may come on from nowhere. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Moonacre  can you try Safe Mode to pinpoint if a 3rd party app is causing the problem  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

However if the random music still plays in this mode suggests  not an app issue,would advise that you clear the cache partition to see if this offers a solution. this deletes temporary files but keeps your Data intact.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also repair apps  from  the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Moonacre
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for taking the time to reply with such detail. I will try this. 

Again, thank you so much.

Manikanta72
First Poster
Options

Did it work?

0 Likes
Moonacre
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I can not remember exactly,  but think it must have worked. I have no issues now.

0 Likes
MadiTech
First Poster
Options

Actually I suffered so much from this issue I even called Samsung support but it was in vain. Finally I found the solution by downloading Nice Catch App from Good Lock, then it detected the source of the sound was coming from a music player that I downloaded from a third party app called YTV, after deleting the app everything is OK now 

1000115023.jpg

1000115024.jpg

0 Likes
SayedRHM
First Poster
Options

I had this issue today!

No idea where the music was playing from , had to shut down the device.

S22 ultra 

0 Likes
Costa_Basil
First Poster
Options

I just had the same issue today, around 7:00am PST (Canada/Vancouver) the phone started playing a story read by a woman, about a guy named Peter. I turned the volume down and it eventually stopped, after a minute or so. It is very, very weird. I wonder if my phone was hacked. I have a Galaxy Note 8.

0 Likes