Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

More Snapchat problems with S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 10:28 PM)
TurdFerguson
Apprentice
Options

Just reporting more issues with Snapchat on the S22 (in my case the Ultra).  In addition to previous reports about rough zooming on the camera, I am finding that Snapchat is almost totally broken on my device.  I had zero problems with Snapchat on my Note 20. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, clearing cache, bla bla bla. I've had the S22 Ultra for a few days now and am seeing the following problems:

- Snapmap doesn't work.  Bitmoji's do not appear on the map (mine or my friends).  But if I tap on a spot corresponding to a location where one of my friends actually is, their info appears.  So for some reason the bitmoji's just aren't appearing.
- Friends stories are not showing up. The "Discover" feed is refreshing but friends' stories are not.
- Not getting notifications unless a friend tags me in something

Some of these issues have been reported elsewhere by multiple users. It's definitely a problem with the S22 line and Snapchat specifically.  Example: https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-s22-plus-s22-ultra/1040446-few-days-my-new-s22-...

Is Samsung and/or Snapchat working on a fix for these issues?  If something is not coming out soon (like the next day or two), I am probably going to return the phone.  This is unacceptable.

36 REPLIES 36
Aggiiie
Pioneer
Options
I am having exactly the same issue, I wiped the phone already once to see wether its fixed but sadly it isn't. Additionally the video lags for like 2/3 seconds when I record it. I recycled my previous phone so I'm actually thinking about faulty exchange the phone cos I like it it's that Snapchat is what I use the most on my phone.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Contact snap support as it their software is not acting as it shoudm and they can help you troubleshoot

Or just return your phone, justsayin
Haych_
Navigator
Options
I'm having the same issue - also when I launch Snapchat - all my other applications seem to stop for a few seconds and lag ( especially Spotify)
Brittani
First Poster
Options

Im having the same problem too. Super irritating!

TheGame1083
First Poster
Options

Thank you OP, I'm glad that it is not just me with this issue. It's def a device issue from what I can read in the comments, hopefully Samsung rolls out a patch to fix this and other minor issues

JoJo3008
Apprentice
Options

Oh Thank You.  I thought I was going insane, trying everything to fix this problem.  Does anyone know if there is a patch planned?

Taranoelle93
First Poster
Options

Yes. The Snapmap. I've been searching for explanations and until this forum I couldn't even find anyone with this issue. Must be strictly the new Galaxy series phones. So irritating and nothing fixes it. Keep waiting for an update to Snapchat hoping that would fix, but so far nothing. 

SueChem
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem - SnapMap isn't working with the Bitmojis at all.  I emailed Snap's technical support - I hope everyone here did too!  They need to fix this.

Aggiiie
Pioneer
Options
Update : I have done faulty exchange on the phone and still having Snapchat issue:( but hopefully I won't have the other issues.
0 Likes