Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock screen rotate

(Topic created on: 27-05-2022 08:21 PM)
Jrunner881
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone know how to get the lock screen rotation to work? Mine is grayed out. Nothing I've tried will work.  The device will not let me turn the feature on.  If anyone knows the fix please let me know.

Screenshot_20220527-125403_Samsung Internet.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@Jrunner881 : That's an interesting one, and is likely to be connected to your current lock screen settings. It's difficult for me to troubleshoot from this position, but please try heading to Settings > Lock screen, and disabling the following features to see if this helps: 1) Screen lock type > Biometrics. 2) Wallpaper services (select 'None'). 3) Widgets. After this, check the Auto Rotate options once again, and let me know if you have any success. 

0 Likes
Jrunner881
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately that didn't work either. I went into the tmobile store earlier to see if they could help. The display phones there are all the same way. Lock screen rotate is grayed out for them. Everyone at the store with a personally owned S22 Ultra are able to enable lock screen rotate. Im still not sure why mine won't let me.

0 Likes
Solution
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Disable video wallpaper, as in don't use it on lock screen, then try 

KholaI
Options

Seeing as we're a little stuck on what to do, we'd like for you to send in an Error Report, as this will let our engineers look into it. To do this, head into the Samsung Members app > Get help > Error report. Attach the logs, alongside a detailed entry of the issue, within 15 minutes of attempting to use the rotation feature.

0 Likes
Jrunner881
Apprentice
Options

Not sure why, but this worked! Thank you (along with everyone else) for helping me solve this issue! 👍

Kirknadian
First Poster
Options

Could you please tell me where you found this setting.  I can't find "Auto Rotate" setting as you have shown here anywhere in my S22.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @Kirknadian!

You can switch on this feature by swiping down twice from the top of the screen > Tap on the 'Portrait' icon to enable Auto rotate. If you'd like to view extra features, hold onto the icon.

0 Likes
Members_6pAM0lX
First Poster
Options

Still works for S23 Ultra. Thanks! 

0 Likes
MustacheKab00m
First Poster
Options

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just came across it and don't see this answer anywhere...

On the S23U Android 13 (and I assume others, but YMMV) one can use a Routine. 

Go to the Modes and Routines app. On the top right there's a little compass icon (to the right of the '+' sign). Click it. Under "Discover more routines" click "Battery" then "Charging".

Under "If: charging status" select which modes you want the AOD rotated: Wired, wireless, or both.

Under "Then: Always on Display" select your the display mode (I use 'show always') and what you want it to do, portrait or landscape. 

Then "Done".

Hope this helps!!

0 Likes
(1)