Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last two s22+ updates have broken my phone

(Topic created on: 03-10-2022 04:23 PM)
Members_OxpWV0L
Apprentice
Options

The last two security updates for the S22+ in the UK have completely ruined my experience with this device. 

I've only had this phone for just over a month, bought directly from Samsung, after six years using One Plus'.

Septembers update I installed about 10 days ago reset all my online banking and contactless apps, and none of them afterwards would allow me to reanable those features, saying that the device did not have the property security features anymore. It also messed up by S Health app, signed me out and wouldn't let me get back into it (spinning wheel for hours when I allowed permissions).

Last night I installed the October update hoping that it would fix the previous issues and that all would be well. 

Now I can no longer even get past the draw pattern page when I start the phone up (my lockscreen's also been reset as happened in the previous update). All it now does is go black and reset to the draw pattern page after each attempt and there's no way around it. 

I can't use the recovery mode/wipe cache options, I can't unlock it remotely, so now I've been given no option but to send it off for a repair, which could end up costing me for whatever reason they potentially find that they can blame me for. 

I haven't dropped or mishandled the device at any point, the phone worked perfectly normally before I installed both updates and didn't after I had installed it. I can't even use SmartSwitch to back up all my information because of some sort of MTP  function that I need to enable on the very phone that I can't get access to. And now all my data will be wiped with the repair. 

Great stuff.

Great updates.

GG Samsung.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_OxpWV0L 

I too purchased my Samsung phone directly from Samsung UK and have installed the latest October update and my phone has worked just as before so I'm not totally convinced the update is 100% at fault.

Can you get the phone to a Samsung Service Centre  ?

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Members_OxpWV0L
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for your post, been on at Samsung all day and none of their suggestions have worked. I appreciate them trying to help but the reality is that last night before the update it worked, and as soon as I installed the update it didn't. 

Likewise with all the apps and contactless payments before and after the previous update.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Members_OxpWV0L 

Have you tried Safe Mode  > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Members_OxpWV0L
Apprentice
Options

Just tried safemode and still having the same problem even in that. 

At this point, it literally has to have been something to do with that update. It can't be any apps or safemode should have at least done something different. I can't unlock or back it up remotely, so I've literally got no choice but to factory reset the entire thing before I sent it off for a repair, losing a whole chunk of my data/samsung health data from the last month. 

And all i've done is install two official updates.

What a ***** joke. 

JudyFl
Apprentice
Options

The best? Advice I can give anybody that has the samsung galaxy 22 Is don't do any Samsung updates.They screw up the phone . Samsung claims that if you do the update it will fix the problem but the problem is it will create another one and never fix the Previous problems .

0 Likes
JudyFl
Apprentice
Options

The reason why you doing update and it doesn't do anything different. The updates that have been previously done messed up.Your phone and samsung doesn't know how to fix it. As long as you continue to do the updates you're gonna have more and more problems. I suggest stop doing any updates.Otherwise they're gonna screw up your entire phone and you're gonna have to format it and restore it has new.

0 Likes