Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after issues with the S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 10:05 PM)
NoBODYz
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

I'm kinda new here mostly because I never had issues with any of my Samsung devices over the past 10 years but sadly this changed with the S22 Ultra.

I don't know how it's possible for a 1350€ Smartphone to have this many issues.

The experience so far has been the worst I ever had with any Smartphone...

List of issues:

1. Random freeze on lock screen when trying to unlock the phone.

2. Fast charging doesn't work only super fast charging or charging by cable.

3. Random lags on the UI, for example: pulling down the notification bar, scrolling on websites.

4. Opening camera apps takes like a second and shows a black screen before it shows anything, this includes the camera app, snapchat & instagram. (Haven't tested any other app with a camera option)

5. When watching videos increasing or decreasing the volume with touch is extremly lagy, I can never adjust it the way I want, it feels like it runs with like 5-10FPS.

6. Listening with to music with Bluetooth headphones the sound randomly gets louder and then again back to normal, looks like samsung music and spotify randomly set the equalizer back to default and than back to the custom setting I've set.

7. Overheating. I use the S-Pen to draw, the phone gets extremely hot. I use it to game, the phone gets extremely hot. Watch videos? Hot! Listen to music? Hot! I looks like the new Exynos just can't handle anything. I understand now why they did the GOS thing...

8. Hitting it with synthetic loads just makes it unstable. Now I'm not talking about running 20 apps in the background or doing multiple benchmarks no I mean stuff like starting downloads just kills the phone. When I update my apps from play store or galaxy store the phone gets extremely slow, if it's plugged to a charger then forget it, it feels like using a phone from 2010.

Now, I know I sound picky here but I hope you can understand me that this is just disappointing. This is supposedly to be the 0 compromise phone, the top of the line and none of this feels like it.

Do you guys have similar issues with your S22 Ultra?

I really hope Samsung can fix these issues with future updates and as for the performance, well they should just take a look at Apple. I'm not a fan of Apple and the choices that they make but their performance is just years ahead of Samsung especially of the Exynos chips.

C'mon Samsung, you copied Apples notch after making fun of them and added it to your new tablet, you copied Apple and removed the charger after making fun of them, you made fun of Apple slowing down their phones for their batteries to last longer and you copied that too now with GOS, do the same with the chips, copy it or atleast give us all the Snapdragon. After so many years you showed us that you can't keep up with the competition when it comes to making chips.

Galaxy S22 Ultra

9 REPLIES 9
SanduGun
Troubleshooter
Options
That really doesn't sound good. I wouldn't say the complaints are petty. My S22U is still packed at home because it arrived 1 day after I went on vacation. I'm really curious how many limitations my device will have. I hope a lot can be fixed with updates. The Snapy also has its issues with heat and other limitations. I think new hardware should drop every 2nd year in the future.
0 Likes
NoBODYz
Journeyman
Options

I hope your device won't have the same issues, as I said it's really annoying to deal with them especially on such an expensive device. The saddest thing is that I purchesed this because of the S-Pen and it feels unusable because it just start overheating just after a few minutes of using it. I drawed one day for a long time and I think after 30-40min it felt like it's going to set my bed on fire 😅

SanduGun
Troubleshooter
Options
What exactly do you do with the S Pen? Paint? Edit pictures?
0 Likes
omnimax
Voyager
Options

All of your complaints are valid and it's really a shame for a phone that's supposed to be the best of the best (and costs what it does). I still hope updates can do miracles but yeah, it should really just work out of the box and it's been the same with all Samsungs flagships if you look at the forums for some years now unfortunately.

0 Likes
NoBODYz
Journeyman
Options

A mix of both, drawing is just a hobby of me and while it's really nice to draw on it as I said the phone gets unbearably hot. Taking notes is better but not by much, while taking longer notes like in 1hr meetings the phone also overheat which shouldn't be the case considering I'm writing on a samsung notes with dark mode enabled.

NoBODYz
Journeyman
Options

I hope so too but realistically speaking the overheating is not going to get fixed since it's the processor and the cooling system fault (so much for the vapor chamber and graphite sheets). I'm atleast hoping for an update that fixes the lags and freezes which annoy me more than the chip getting hot tbh. And as for the previous flagships, well I had minor complaints but nothing that really bothered me, it was mostly Samsung UI and the bloatware that came with it if I look back but they mostly fixed it and One UI 4 is atleast for me really nice to use.

0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

The heating issue is due to the processor more than the cooling system.

In this sense it has been shown that the snapdragon 8 gen 1 is the one who runs hotter when using the gpu intensively whereas when the cpu is used intensively the 2200 runs a little bit hotter.

The 2200 is colder overall compared to the 8 gen 1 luckily for us. The cortex X2 plus samsung 5nm are the main issues those chips are having.

Archer
Lunas_mom
First Poster
Options

Mine is having the same issues.  Can no longer get 4g in my home let alone 5g.  I also bought it because I use the S pen all the time but for now will go back to my old Note.  VERY unhappy with thos expensive paperweight!

Dano77
Student
Options

Thank you for your advice, I used Smart Switch to transfer files from my old phone to the new phone. I'm sure it transferred applications off my old phone that shouldn't be on my new phone, what do I do now. Should have done more research before I switched. Here's what I've learned so far with my new phone, can't use a phone case because it traps the Heat can't use a wireless charger because it Heats it up too much, can't watch videos that are long because it Heats it up. Can't use a super fast charger because it Heats it up. It's gotten really hot a couple of times and I'm afraid I've done damage to the battery or internal components which affects the life of the phone/battery I installed a temperature app, so I can keep tabs on the temperature when it starts to get hot I just turn the phone off before it gets too hot. To say I'm unhappy with this phone is an understatement, contemplating about sending it back. If some apps or software or making it heat up it's not the end users fault. The fault lies squarely on Samsung in my opinion. A $1,500 phone should be better than that, maybe I'm overreacting and the phone can learn my ways and want Heat up. Not so happy in Florida thank

0 Likes