Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Wifi issues, Samsung denying anything wrong and refusing to even consider replacing.

(Topic created on: 15-09-2022 03:11 PM)
Mckl
Explorer
Options

I bought my S22 direct from Samsung UK in April. It suddenly developed wifi issues recently. It struggles to find wifi access points, when it does it's incredibly slow 4-13Mbps typically and it disconnects frequently. I can't use wifi in coffee shops, at work, at friends houses etc so it's not just an issue with my home router setup (which I have also reset anyway).  I tried a network settings reset on the phone, then a factory reset without joy. After much experimenting I  discovered the only wifi it can connect to reliably is a wifi6 connection but even then only if it is set to 2.4Ghz alone.

Samsung have had a look at and I've received it back in exactly the same state, they said all they found were Android issues no hardware fault, so all they did is factory reset it, it's still in it's factory reset state. I contacted Samsung and they say their technicians (Wefix) are telling them there is nothing wrong with it and so they won't do anything about it! I did ask if there's nothing wrong with it then what's the issue with swapping it for another then? No dice.

What do I do? Who do I complain to? There are no Samsung stores near me. Why the hell am I jumping through hoops for what is a simple issue?

24 REPLIES 24
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

After factory reset if you don't install any apps that you have does wifi work? 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This doesn't sound right at all @Mckl 

My Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra was also purchased from Samsung UK which it's connection via Wi-Fi to both home and other sources of Wi-Fi have been stable.

I've known people split the frequencies in their router to 2.4GHz and 5GHz and then try one connection over the other to see if that helped. I see you are trying this route too.

More information is in https://www.getdroidtips.com/samsung-s22-ultra-wifi-problem. 

You are entitled to ask for a second opinion from a Samsung Service Centre or via a doorstep repair if available in your region or via sending it away.

As well as the Samsung Limited 2 Yr Manufacturers Warranty your also supported by the Consumer-Rights-Act-2015. 

A similar thread > Galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-slow-wifi-connection. 

This is my speeds via Wi-Fi.

Screenshot_20220915-172628_Speedtest.jpg

From https://www.reddit.com/r/S22Ultra/comments/ucto96/anyone_experiences_slowunusable_wifi_on_their_s22/ 

Try >

Go to WiFi settings and tap the gear icon on the network you are connected to. Try changing these settings:

• Metered network: set as Unmetered

• MAC address type: set as Phone MAC

Also, make sure you have no DNS addresses written in your options: -Settings -> Connections-> More connection settings -> Private DNS: set to OFF

Restart your phone and try to speed test... "

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mckl
Explorer
Options

Hi, I've gone through all the troubleshooting, the phone is faulty but Samsung want to make it as awkward as possible for me.

Mckl
Explorer
Options

The phone has no apps on it at the moment. It is exactly as I received it when it came back from service. The wifi is faulty.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Mckl. In this case, it would be useful to visit the self-service repair portal below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

Just choose your phone and the most appropriate symptom. You mentioned that you already completed all of the troubleshooting steps, so please confirm this on the aforementioned site. It'll guide you step-by-step.

After completing the troubleshooting steps, you'll be able to raise another inspection and repair. 

If it's easier for you, however, you could also reach out to the Support Teams linked below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Mckl
Explorer
Options

Done all that. I couldn't book it in for repair on the self service portal because it wouldn't recognise my IMEI, chat didn't know what to do, via Twitter I was able to get it sent for repair, it came back with the same issue, called CS this time and the guy was really nice but said he was unable to do anything as the technicians said there was nothing wrong...

0 Likes
Mckl
Explorer
Options

https://youtu.be/8FogQQtws-M

Here's a video of the actual issue in action.

0 Likes
FTrindade
Journeyman
Options

I have EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE... and it has been reported HERE in this forum several times in March / April this year.
We are now in October 2022 and this problem continues....

FTrindade
Journeyman
Options

That is the regular response from Samsung:  "-It works on my computer!" 
sadly, we end up with a Flagship that has a lot of issues, almost a year after it's launch. 😞

0 Likes