Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S22 Ultra refuses to let Windows control USB for file transfer

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 02:23 PM)
Frank Natoli
Student
Options

Brand new Galaxy S22 Ultra.
Connect via USB to 64 bit Windows 10, somewhat recognized by Windows, but not in File Explorer.
Downloaded and installed Samsung USB drivers, no help.
https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver
If I swipe the phone's USB state, it says "USB controlled by this device", that is, the phone.
If I press the radio button for "connected device", that is, Windows, the phone briefly says "switching role of connected devices", then "couldn't switch".
So, apparently, the phone insists on being the USB master, which is going to prevent Windows from accessing the phone's file system.
Samsung Smart Switch moved all my contacts and all my photos and videos from my ancient Droid Turbo but only 4 of 81 music albums.
I'm trying to move the music albums, but for that Windows needs to be in control.
How to do that?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Frank Natoli
Student
Options

Problem apparently solved.
There were several updates pending, including operating system.
Once those updates were applied, the phone's file system suddenly became visible to Windows, was able to transfer files from Windows to the phone using File Explorer.
Case closed.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Frank Natoli
Student
Options

Problem apparently solved.
There were several updates pending, including operating system.
Once those updates were applied, the phone's file system suddenly became visible to Windows, was able to transfer files from Windows to the phone using File Explorer.
Case closed.

MistTheMan
First Poster
Options
Mine isn't fixed ,and I'm up to date
0 Likes