Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S22 keyboard shows QWERTZ rather than QWERTY when set to English (UK)

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 10:02 AM)
Members_xJMs3YG
Apprentice
Options

Hello folks

I am in the UK and want my S22 to have a QWERTY keyboard. However, it shows QWERTZ, which is English (Germany) and I don't want that. I have tried all variations of settings without success and currently have had to set it to English (Aus) to maintain QWERTY.

English (USA) also shows QWERTY - but spellings are different between USA and UK, so I don't want that.

Has anybody had the same problem and found a fix? The people in my retailer (EE) have no idea how to fix it. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung keyboard? It shows qwerty for UK. What's phone language 

0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Just go here Screenshot_20221220_021652_Samsung Keyboard_1000001942_1671502612.jpg
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

Go to Samsung Keyboard settings > Languages and types > English (UK) > Qwerty.

Screenshot_20221220_091046_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

Solution
Members_xJMs3YG
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply. The phone language is English UK. However, my S22 shows QWERTZ as the default for English UK (and English Ireland). English AU and English USA show QWERTY. This is why I have gone into this forum.

0 Likes
Members_xJMs3YG
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply. We (me and the retailer - a major supplier in the UK) tried this and it didn't work. I have just tried again and it does. Thanks again.

Solution
Members_xJMs3YG
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply. As I wrote above, we (me and the retailer - a major supplier in the UK) tried this and it didn't work. I have just tried again and it does. Thanks again.

0 Likes