Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s22 8/256 hangs and restarts on incoming call

(Topic created on: 23-06-2022 03:05 PM)
Atenza25
Student
Options

Hi all. I apologize in advance for the perhaps somewhat awkward text - I have to use a translator.
I have been using the Galaxy s22 since March 2022, with all the latest software updates installed.
Several times a week the following situation occurs: there is an incoming call, I press "take a call", the phone hangs, about 10-20 seconds the display is lit with a static image, and then the phone reboots by itself.
Did a factory reset - did not help.
Changed the SIM card to another operator - did not help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

30 REPLIES 30
SGar
First Poster
Options

A better solution is to sell S22+.

I did that.

And it was the best solution.

I bought the S23+ and there is no problem.

0 Likes
Alex388
Student
Options

The same issue is for two S22 U devices. It makes me extremely mad at Samsung. They obviously ignoring the problem.

0 Likes
Alex388
Student
Options

Someone posted a message about the same problem with S23 U a page earlier.  Are you still happy with your new phone? 

0 Likes
DiZaSTa
First Poster
Options

Have the same problem with brand new S22 4/128GB (SM-S901B/DS), all latest updates (Android 13), Samsung dialer, few popular apps, Apex launcher, dual SIMs (same SIMs never had problems in other phone), couple of contacts has custom ring tones...

Two weeks of usage, answered call -> phone lockup (image freeze, no sound, not responding) -> S22 reboots after 10-20 sec.

As Sgar suggested - just tried Wipe cache and Repair apps, will see and post back the conclusions in couple of weeks.

0 Likes
DiZaSTa
First Poster
Options

Ok, 5 days passed and same problem happens again, now I'm frustrated.
I had S8, that was a great phone, had no problems for 6 years.
S22 for me obviously is not, cause it has some serious problems out of the box, and as I can see in this thread - this problem is not isolated, but problem with many Samsung S22 phones.
Its very annoying and unprofessional that instead of making an answer, this phone has sporadic hangs and restarts.
I would appreciate at least some feedback from Samsung, at least some workaround....

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Contact Samsung support 

0 Likes
SGar
First Poster
Options

Hi. Yes. IN S23 plus SM-S916B/DS everything works perfect.

0 Likes
Kewwo
Explorer
Options

Same problem here. After May security update this happening AGAIN.

I'm pretty sure it's an software issue and with a flagship phone this is unacceptable. 

Very disappointed! 

0 Likes
Members_5xbnBcg
First Poster
Options

First time it has happened to me, answered a call and it froze and then restarted.

0 Likes
Huseynagha
Apprentice
Options

I also have such a recent update, which also did not help, some say that it depends on the get contact program

0 Likes