Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force stop alarm but still going off

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 04:08 PM)
Scoot77
Apprentice
Options

I all of a sudden have a rogue alarm that keeps going off at 6am.  I found when I force stop the alarm it does turn in off but only for a day or two.  I have no other alarms set, no other alarm app, and no calendar events; even no reminders of any kind set.  Ive tried just about everything beside a total restart, which will be last resort.  Any ideas on turning this off??? Its driving me crazy here!! 

13 REPLIES 13
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options

Same problem https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/i-have-an-alarm-problem/td-p/6942555

I have sent an errer report might be worth you doing so as well.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Scoot77 ,

do you have any power saving settings set on the phone? You can check this from the phone Settings> Battery and device care> Battery> Power mode.

If this is not the case, can you please run the phone in Safe Mode, set an alarm and see if the same thing happens? Find how to place the phone in Safe Mode here: How to start my Galaxy phone or tablet in Safe Mode | Samsung UK

Scoot77
Apprentice
Options

I do not have any power saving settings on right now.  I am trying the safe mode alarm as we speak, the problem is I already did a force stop on the alarm app to clear the rogue alarm.  So it will likely work fine for a day or two until it randomly turns on again.

0 Likes
Scoot77
Apprentice
Options

So setting an alarm in safe mode the alarm worked as it should and only showed the alarms I have set, it did not show the rogue alarm that keeps going off.  I did notice however that when setting a new alarm it did show 6am for default time.  This is the time that my rogue alarm goes off.

0 Likes
JulesThorne
Explorer
Options
It sounds like my issue, is it related to sleep mode?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

If this is working correctly in Safe Mode @JulesThorne it means that this is caused by a third party app. Have you installed any new ones recently? If not, would you be able to delete your third party apps one by one testing the phone each time to find the culprit? 

0 Likes
Scoot77
Apprentice
Options

It is working correctly because I force stopped the samsung clock app.  In a couple days the alarm will be back on again.  And there are no apps that have been installed since this has been happening.

0 Likes
Specialg
Student
Options
Hi All, I have the same issue both on my Samsung S21 ultra and my new S23 Ultra! Alarm goes off at 6am in the morning. Started last Sunday I've stopped it and it started again. It seems as though it was Bixby, but then it started today after 2 days of not running it started again. Just asked Bixby again and she says I have an alarm set for every day at 6am. I didn't set it! Its not showing on my normal clock app in the alarms, only shows through Bixby. There is an upgrade glitch! Please rectify, as it's annoying!!
Jontologist
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with my Ultra S22, I've never switched the alarm on, but now continuously switch it off, save changes, but the alarm reinstates itself each day.

I have a Watch 5 Pro which is monitoring my sleep period, which I mention, because the wake up alarm was on (separately to my phone, on which I had just turned off the alarm). I have now turned off the alarm on my watch and will see if this fixes the problem.

0 Likes