Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email won't send

(Topic created on: 04-02-2023 10:00 PM)
SebJenkins
Journeyman
Options
For some reason, my email suddenly won't send. Incoming server is fine but I can't send anything. Does anyone know a fix?
19 REPLIES 19
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you able to send an email by logging into your email server via your browser url bar @SebJenkins  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Africanelephant
Journeyman
Options
This has happened to mine today , for no reason it won't send. Outlook is fine but the Samsung email app is saying the password or account name is wrong.
I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled , now it's working OK but the settings are completely different
SebJenkins
Journeyman
Options
I'm able to send on my laptop email, yeah 👍🏻
0 Likes
SebJenkins
Journeyman
Options
Oh really? Are the new settings okay though?
0 Likes
Africanelephant
Journeyman
Options
No Idea!! It's working OK now , but it seems a lot of people are having the same issue
SebJenkins
Journeyman
Options
At least it's not just me then haha. I'll give it a few days to see if they release a fix maybe
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all,

we have received some reports regarding issues sending emails from Outlook and Hotmail accounts. This seems to be down to the 2 -steps, so If 2-step verification was enabled for your account you may need to create an app specific password for accessing your email account on the Email app. If the IMAP protocol was disabled, you will need to log in on a web browser and enable this function. If this does not help, we would recommend contacting the email provider to get the right settings. 

SebJenkins
Journeyman
Options
How exactly do I do both of these things?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

This may vary depending on your email provider @SebJenkins but this page may give you an idea on how to do this: Enable your Gmail account for IMAP in Exchange Online | Microsoft Learn

0 Likes