Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim issue

(Topic created on: 30-04-2024 10:21 AM)
Megan0Topaz
Apprentice
Options
Unknowingly I bought a refurbished US version of Galaxy S22 so the second sim is not recognised, Can this be fixed?
Also, my phone won't update to version 15. When I try the message reads 'no update required' but it's only on14.1. Any ideas?
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Robin999
Maestro
Options
My guess is you're out of region. It's likely the device is region locked. Did you know this when purchasing?

You may try to force an update using Smartswitch while plugged into PC or laptop.
0 Likes
Megan0Topaz
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Robin999. I tried to force an update, but no luck. Tried factory reset for sim slot...I'm so disappointed and the company that sold it refuses to talk with me.
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Where are you based? Who's the seller? If in UK there are clear laws protecting you especially if the seller is advertising devices as UK stock. If you are elsewhere, then investigate your regions consumer laws.
0 Likes
Megan0Topaz
Apprentice
Options
Cornwall. Trouble is I had no idea. I was busy caring for my parents and only realised when I returned to work and needed the second sim.
I will check the consumer laws. Thank you.
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Thoroughly check the sellers advertisement. If Ebay, Amazon or similar then raise a case with them and see if they can assist
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
It is feasible to have the device network unlocked. Also, please check with your mobile network provider regarding eSIM's.
It would be helpful if you could provide a screenshot of your CSC code and software version. If the phone is ex Verizon then they have a 60 day unlock policy.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

I'm confused when you say you can't update to version 15.

One UI6.0 is the latest version running off android 14.....

As for your second sim issue, if the device is region locked, neither sim port would work as far as I'm aware so I don't see that being the issue.
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
I read the OP's post to mean UI 4.1 (android 12).
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Good point. Let's see what the OP comes back with 👌
0 Likes