Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Phone

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 01:41 PM)
Stuts
Apprentice
Options
Yesterday my new Samsung S22 Ultra 1tb was delivered. Problem is, the guy from Dpd dropped the parcel as he was delivering, the sealed package fell about 4ft onto a concrete balcony.

I accepted the delivery, but with hindsight am now thinking maybe better to send it back to Samsung as if I later have problem with the phone, they may refuse the warranty as they'll say the phone has been dropped. I'm presuming they have some sensor or accelerometer that can tell if a phones been dropped?

Keep it or send it back and ask for a new handset?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well it's probably best to ask Samsung Customer Support if your worried. If you ordered online, you have a returns period anyway if its something your not happy about.
Thing is, it's in a sturdy box, and with outside packaging. The phone should be perfectly protected.
The package could have been already knocked about during transit anyway going on the state of the packaging with some of the parcels I get delivered.
Unbox it and if there's any damage then immediately get onto them.
Four feet, in a well packaged box probably won't register anything anyway

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well it's probably best to ask Samsung Customer Support if your worried. If you ordered online, you have a returns period anyway if its something your not happy about.
Thing is, it's in a sturdy box, and with outside packaging. The phone should be perfectly protected.
The package could have been already knocked about during transit anyway going on the state of the packaging with some of the parcels I get delivered.
Unbox it and if there's any damage then immediately get onto them.
Four feet, in a well packaged box probably won't register anything anyway
Stuts
Apprentice
Options
Cheers, I'll give Samsung a ring, see what they say, just been panicking a bit as it's 1st time in years I've bought a phone outright, be paying it off for the next 3 years and don't want to be left high and dry. Not a mark on the handset as you'd imagine, just worried that something internal has recorded the impact and it'll come back to haunt me.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah you have a right to be worried about it and giving them a call with your concern is a valid point to to do.
I have done the same with my S22 Ultra
0 Likes
Stuts
Apprentice
Options
Just got off the phone to them they took note of everything and gave me a ticket number, so if there's a problem with future warranty, they can refer to their notes saying that the driver dropped the phone on delivery, so hopefully covers me.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah spot on.
Keep a copy in the box the phone came in and you should be easily able to find it then
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Stuts  sound advice from @Glenntech , at least you have the ticket number in the event of any problems in the future  rather than taking the chance.  of course the packaging may be well be strong enough to protect you but best for your own piece of mind.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Stuts
Apprentice
Options
I'll do that, cheers for replies.
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
was the small phone box (the one with the Samsung branding damaged? if not and there was more than 2cm ( 1 inch) between the inner box and the outside box there is probably nothing to worry about.
Tip public pictures of both boxes here. (do blank out personal details)
0 Likes
Stuts
Apprentice
Options
No damage at all to either box, was more worried the accelerometers inside would record heavy impact and affect warranty should I need future repair. Samsung have reassured me that should I need future repair, they'll take it into account so long as there's no obvious damage. Usually mega careful with my phones and they go into case as soon as they come out of the box. Been ultra careful ever since my Note 3 went down the toilet 5 days after getting it.😁
0 Likes