Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your S22U heat while using camera too?

(Topic created on: 13-05-2022 11:42 PM)
Pd810
Voyager
Options

My S22U is quite hot while using camera, according to DevCheck tha battery temp is aboce 46°C and I guess processor temps are much higher, because I cann feel the heat comming from the left upper corner when the SoC is. Do ypu think I should send it to the service center?

Thanks for suggestions!

Ps. Exynos 2200, 8GB RAM, 128GB version

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You say using the camera.
Is the photos or video?
How long till it starts heating?
If you are filming, what resolution?
Using the cameras for a length of time will probably heat the phone a bit. Compounded if it's in a case as well.
The higher the frame rate and resolution is, the more data is being produced and processed
Personally my S22 Ultra hasn't got hot, but I've not used the camera for extended periods of time
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Pd810 

Using the camera for it's various functions for an extended time can and will use more resources so yes the phone can / will heat up a bit more.

As long as the phone isn't shutting down or your getting a warning pop up message your phone is fine.

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black  [ Exynos  ] version.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just a point you may have not thought about but if you used a dslr for extended time for video or photo it too will heat up. Same as you tv in your living room

Justsayin
Pd810
Voyager
Options

Yeah I know that using camera need much more processing power than other stuff, ao this produces heat. But my old Galaxy had never heated so much. 

Pd810
Voyager
Options

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I know that using camera requires more power, so this makes more heat, but as I mentiones in my other comment, my old Galaxy had never been so hot. The phone did not turn off, nor the warning message popped up, but I was really hot like it was not pleasant to hold the phone and I was thinking that the warning message would pop up, but it did not.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome 👍 

Has the phone been placed in any sort of case ?

If your worried then Yes a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre will be happy to check out your phone @Pd810 

0 Likes
Pd810
Voyager
Options

Hello, thanks for ypur reply.

The phone heats up while taking pictures and filming too, it does not matter what I do. It also gets hot, only when the camera app is opened, when I am not even taking photos or filming.

It starts heating up almost instantly, and I can feel the phone is hot after few minutes.

I does not matter, what resolution I use, it heats up the same. 

My old Galaxy had never been so hot. It is uncomfortable to hold to hold the phone, but I have not received a warning message so far.

Pd810
Voyager
Options

@BandOfBrothers yes, I am using the official Samsung silicon case.

It is sad that the phone overheats like this, because apart from this issue I love the phone so much, it is the best. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have the official Samsung Black Leather back case on mine.

My phone does not overheat however I only take occasional picture's so not using that function for any length of period.

You could check there are no pending updates and clear the camera app cache files 2hich may help @Pd810 

0 Likes