Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ - just got a new S22+ and link says offer not available in Region. Samsung support have no answer

(Topic created on: 22-04-2022 07:54 PM)
timhg
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Just got my new S22+ after years of being away from Samsung with Apple and Oneplus - thought I would give Samsung another try, good reviews of product etc.

6 months Disney+ offer attracted me. Based on previous experience with streaming offers, I cancelled the Disney+ I had direct with Disney to prepare the ground before I received the S22+ - usually cleanest way.

I was expecting some vouchers in the phone box for Disney+ but nothing. It was not clear to me how to claim. Live Chat person gave me a link to use. 

S22+ still boxed (will stay that way for ages as no time to set up) - so I used my current mobile to click the link.

Took me to a web page with a QR code to scan. Grr - so I can't scan a QR code from the same phone using to browse ! Borrowed a laptop to bring up QR page there instead and scan with old Oneplus phone....took me to Disney+ offer registration page BUT with error message:

"Offer not supported in your Region" and no way to proceed.

A couple of Live Chats and customer service calls later and no resolution but more worrying a denial of knowledge of how the offer registration works and surprise at my problem even though some posts on here with a similar issue. One cust serv person suggested maybe you had to do it on the new phone. Seems unlikely? Was not intending to unbox/setup for weeks, only got order in quick as long delivery times.

I now have no Disney+  and was planning a binge this weekend/next  😞

Anyone have a resolution please ? Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@timhg: I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble claiming the Disney+ promotion. Please be aware that you will need to visit the Samsung Boost website on your new Galaxy S22+, or use the S22+ to scan the QR code if you're accessing the site on a desktop PC. You will also need to sign in to your Samsung account on the Boost site. If successful, you'll be prompted to fill in a short form, which will then be sent to Samsung for verification. I hope this helps. 

Samsung Galaxy Disney+ Offer | Samsung UK

timhg
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. That is bad news. Planned to use only Google account on S22+ as using only that over 10 years on non-Samsung phones. I know I might lose out on a few Samsung apps but Google has most covered. I do need to sync Microsoft Onedrive (it works great on my Oneplus with Google account). I read somewhere that on S22 you need a Samsung account to sync Onedrive. I hope that is not true ? Please confirm. 

Also - to claim Disney+ I need Samsung account. Can I create via a web browser to login to claim to avoid setting up Samsung account on the phone please ?

I don't iike the idea of 2 x security footprints/vulnerabilities so 1 account is better but if there is a showstopper reason I will have to swallow I guess?
Thanks.   

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
To claim Disney plus you will need to go to the Samsung members app and u will come across boost which is where u click on the Disney plus and they will send you a code in 28 days. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
This is how it looks like on the Samsung members app. Screenshot_20220423-050154_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You can always create a Samsung account using your Google account in a very simple process. If you have a galaxy phone, it is highly recommended to have a Samsung account. Many apps rely on the Samsung account.

0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options

i got mine today and im told its "new customers only" by disney

0 Likes